About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, February 5, 2024

Valentine's Day Cards

 Hello and Happy Monday peeps!

It's a wet one here in SoCal and a perfect day to hang in the craft room. I have some plans to play and practice with wax seals, but first I waned to blog a couple of cards that I made yesterday.

I watched one of Gina K.'s YouTube videos from last week on making bokeh backgrounds and decided to give it a try. All were fun, but one is my favorite, so I made two of them for these cards.

This first one uses the current Freshly Made Sketch by Jen T. Honestly, I'm not sure that I'm thrilled with this card, but I do love the colors. There's a variety of supplies used. Spellbinders Heart Stitching die and embossing folder, Simon Says Stamp pierced heart die, Reverse Confetti XOXO die, Gina K Designs card stock and inks, Tim Holtz domed sponge ink applicators to make the background circles, and SU pearls.




I love how this second card turned out with the silhouette stamping over the bokeh background, which is how Gina made her cards in the video. This stamp set is one of her older mini sets. All supplies on this card are from GKD. 

Joanne is hostess for the new Paper Players Challenge with a Valentine's Day theme. While both cards work, I'll use this one for my entry.




Here ae the two together with matching bokeh backgrounds. A fun technique to try if you haven't already.



Enjoy your day and thanks for checking in,
Colleen

Supplies Card 1
Dies: Simon Says Stamp Pierced Flower heart, Spellbinders Stitched Heart Card Front, Reverse Confetti XOXO
Paper: Gina K Designs Dusty Rose, Plumb Punch, Red Hot and Layering Weight White card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs Dusty Rose, Plumb Punch, Red Hot, Soft Stone
Other: Tim Holtz domed sponge ink applicators, Gina K Designs blending brush, embroidery floss and needle, SU pink pearls, Gina K Designs Masking Magic 1/2" strips, Big Shot, foam tape and SU Dimensionals

Supplies Card 2
Stamps: Gina K Designs Mini Blossoms and Hearty Greetings stamp sets
Paper: Gina K Designs Layering Weight White and Black Onyx card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs Red Hot, Dusty Rose, Plumb Punch, Soft Stone and Black Onyx
Other: Master Layouts 2 dies, Masking Magic 1/2" strips, blending brush, Misti, Big Shot, Domed Ink Applicators, Foam Tape


3 comments:

  1. Collen your bokeh is brilliant but that second card in particular is absolutely fabulous - I love the silhouette! Thanks for playing along with my LOVE challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for experimenting with a different technique! I think these backgrounds are amazing! I admit to liking the one with the stitching, but I love the "silhouette" look you achieved on the second one! Thanks for sharing these with us at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bokeh is a fun technique and I like the choice of colors. While both are lovely, I am partial to the clean look of the Silhouette card. Nicely done and thank you for sharing your creativity with us at paper Players this week. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!