About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, September 22, 2024

Warm Wishes

Happy Sunday evening peeps,

Here's three Holiday cards in non-traditional colors for you. When I saw the new colors for the Color Hues challenge, I thought of these SSS Bottle Brush Tree dies. I bought this die set at the end of the holiday season last year, but never used it. 

I've paired the trees with two SSS stencil sets, Layering Peppermint Stripes and Falling snow, and I've used Jen's sketch for this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge.

The trees sit on a Lawn Fawn Hills with Trees die, cut from white paper and ink blended with light blue.








While looking through my SSS stencils, I came across the newer Large Snowflake Stripes stencil set and decided to use the Color Hues challenge colors to make a couple of cards. After stenciling, I cut the panel down to make two cards, one a mini-slimline. I really like this color block look.




Have a great week!
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Christmas Blessings Sentiments set by Simon Says Stamp
Stencils:  Layering Peppermint Stripes, Snowflakes Stripes and Falling Snow by Simon Says Stamp
Paper: Gina K Designs card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs
Other: Large Bottle Brush Trees dies by Simon Says Stamp, Lawn Fawn Hill with Trees die, Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2, 7 and 12 die sets, WOW white embossing powder, Nuvo White Crystal Drops, Gina K Designs blending brushes and Micro Disco Ball sequins, silver Stickles, Connect glue, SU Dimensionals

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! I love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen your cards are both so fun. Those trees look great in the challenge colours and good job with the sketch!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies I didn’t realize I was anonymous! Lol

      Delete
  3. I love these fun trees and the fab background you've created! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so great. Love the colors for these trees and that stenciling is such fun. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love, Love LOVE these cards! Nothing makes me happier than to see how the colors inspired you, and the results are amazing. The stencil layering is fabulous! The color blocked snowflakes are my favorites. We love having you join us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, if these are not show stoppers! You certainly took these colors are ran with them. Love the backgrounds and everything about all three. Really love how you outlined the snowflakes! I am so inspired! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, Colleen, your Christmas cards look like peppermint candy plus a friend! They are so, so pretty in the various pinks and blues. I especially love the first one with the striped background and fun bottle brush trees, however I also love your snowflake stencil design with the bonus mini slim card. All are fabulous and I'm so happy you played along with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!