About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Big Hugs and Lovely Day

 Hello peeps,

I have two cards to share today. Both are made using fun Concord & 9th supplies and they are inspired by two challenges. Joanne has a theme challenge for us at The Paper Players, and I'm using the colors from the new Sunday Stamps challenge.

The Paper Players theme is dots or stripes. I've used a bit of both on my cards. 

The backgrounds are made with the C&9th Scattered Dots Turnabout stamp. 

On card one, I cut some C&9th fall themed patterned papers into stripes, in various widths, and glued them to a piece of card stock at an angle. Then I cut a large C&9th Heart die from the striped paper.

The large sentiment die is also from C&9th and I added some SU Shimmery Crystal Effects over it. For additional embellishments I cut three smaller hearts from the same die set as the large heart die and I also added some enamel dots from my stash.




Here is then inside of card 1. I did some die inlay for the sentiment and added some more small hearts and a leaf cut from the paper stripes.




Card two has the same background except I changed out the light blue ink for navy and the bright yellow ink for gold. The C&9th leaf die is cut from four pieces of the fall paper pack and I inlayed the small pieces. The greeting is heat embossed onto navy card stock and cut out with a GKD die.




The inside of card two is stamped with a C&9th birthday greeting and the leaves are from the stamp set that goes with the large leaf die.




I'm still enjoying the US Open Tennis matches, although I tend to listen and then watch the replays when I'm also crafting. There has been some exciting matches. My bestie that lives in Sacramento is also a big tennis fan so we tend to do a lot of texting during the evening matches. Almost like watching together.

Enjoy your afternoon and evening!

Colleen


Supplies
Stamps: Scattered Dots Turnabout set, Triple-Step Autumn Leaf set, Tiny Tagalongs set all by Concord & 9th
Paper: Concord & 9th card stock and fall patterned papers
Ink: Concord & 9th, and Gina K Designs craft white 
Other: Concord & 9th Just Say More and Pop Heart dies, Gina K Designs Master Layouts 5 & 12 die sets, WOW white embossing powder, SU Shimmery Crystal Effects, enamel dots, metallic embroidery floss, Connect glue, foam tape, SU Dimensionals

 


6 comments:

  1. Those fall colors certainly work well on both of your cards Colleen, and I am dazzled by all the patterns in your stripes that make up your large heart on the first card! The heart and large die definitely make for a bold design! Both 9f your cards are wonderful! Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Colleen - your card is big on colour, big on sentiment and big on spots and stripes to boot - I love it! Thanks for joining in with my spots and stripes challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous pair of cards, Colleen! This is such a great fall color palette. The collection of patterns you used in making the striped heart creates a striking focal point. However, the striped, inlayed leaf on the second card is absolutely stunning. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic...so rich in our fall colors!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our "Autumn Hues" color challenge over at Sunday Stamps. Deb Horst, DT #SSC343

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colleen, these are fantastic! Love that Y'all sentiment, too! Love the spots and how you used our colors. So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun heart die cut card with the colorful strips. A great idea for using up little scraps. Such happy colors, and the sentiment really pops. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!