About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, September 5, 2024

The Loveliest Day

Happy Thursday peeps,

I have a fun Fall card for you today, but not in traditional Fall colors. Yesterday afternoon I was going through my box of Fall stamp sets looking for one to use for this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge. I picked an older SU set called Hello Harvest. I remembered that I liked coloring these images and they seemed perfect for Linda's sketch.

I also remembered that the new Color Throwdown challenge started so I went to see what the colors were for this week. Not really a fall palette, but I decided to use it anyway and I really like how these colors worked out with the fall stamp set.






The background is made with two embossing folders, one from Spellbinders and the other from GKD.

On the inside of the card I used a couple of the other images from the same SU set, then cut and matted using the GKD Master Layouts 2 dies.





Have a wonderful day all!

Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Hello Harvest set from Stampin' Up
Paper: SU Gorgeous Grape, Parakeet Party, and Thick Basic White card stock, X-Press It Blending card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo black and Copics
Other: Spellbinders Cascading Leaves & Stripes embossing folder, Gina K Designs Falling Leaves embossing folder and Master Layouts 2 die set, purple candy dots, SU Dimensionals, Connect glue

7 comments:

  1. Such a cute pumpkin Colleen! I would have never chosen these colors but I love them. It really pops! It’s a nice break from the traditional too. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, fun for a fall card!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely non-traditional fall card! So glad you were able to join us in the challenge at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bright colors and the emboosed backdrop is wonderful! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colors! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card! I love the bright colours! I always love a pumpkin full of flowers! So cute! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!