About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, September 1, 2024

Frosty Wishes for Color Throwdown & Just Us Girls

Hi and happy Sunday evening,

For all of my stamping friends in the U.S., I hope you are having a fab Labor Day holiday long weekend. (I'm lucky, as being retired, all of my weekends are long ones. :)

I have two cards to share, made for two different challenges. These share the same postage stamp theme that is super popular right now. Both of these are holiday cards. I'm kind of behind on my holiday card stash, so I've decided when I make one for a challenge, I need to make at least two cards.

First up is a card made using the colors from Color Throwdown. The colors this week are pink, yellow and green. I've used one of the holiday postage stencil sets from Waffleflower to make this card.




Card two is made using the other Waffleflower holiday postage stamp collage sets, but here, I didn't use the large postage die. 

I'm CASEing Carol McFarland's card for the current Just Us Girls Case the Designer Challenge.

Here's Carol's fabulous postage stamp card.



And here is my second postage stamp card. For this one, I used the Holiday Collage accompanying stamp sets and randomly stamped the images on a white card panel in various colors. After stamping, I cut it out with a SU Deckled Rectangle die.

Using the Waffleflower Holiday Postage Collage stencil sets, I stenciled some images, then cut them out with the medium postage die included with the die set and arranged them in the center of the card on a red square panel. It's a bit "busy" but I like the way it turned out, nice and bright.




As you can see, I used the same sentiment on the front of both cards. I also used the same images for the inside of both, just stamping them in different colors. Here's the inside of card two.




Happy Labor Day and thanks for checking in.

Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Waffleflower Holiday Postage Collage stamp sets and Gina K Designs Wishing You Mini Holiday set (insides)
Paper: Gina K Designs card stocks
Ink: Gina K Designs
Other: Waffleflower Holiday Postage Collage stencils and dies, blending brushes, WOW white embossing powder, heat tool, Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 dies, My Favorite Things Stitched square die, SU Dimensionals


5 comments:

  1. Colleen, LOVE both of your postage cards in non-traditional colors! So many options with these products...and you were original and thinking outside of the box on both cards! Happy that you CASEd my postage card and that you played along this week at Just Us Girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful Christmas cards! Your entry card for the Color Throwdown is gorgeous, thank you so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two marvelous cards, Colleen! I like the non-traditional colors on the first and all of your playful layers on the second. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful CASE of Carols card. Great job on both cards. Thanks for joining in at JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. You created another way to use those postage dies and stencils, Colleen, and it looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing your Carol CASEd card with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!