About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Happy Birthday

Hello to all and Happy Hump Day!

This week's Paper Players challenge is the monthly color challenge, hostessed by Elizabeth this month. She has chosen primary colors for this week. Now I know these colors are perfect for those back to school/teacher cards, but I'm way past needing those so I went the floral route.

My card today is made with a very large sunflower image that is a Glimmer system hot foil plate from Spellbinders. It's foiled with dark blue foil and colored with Copics. The set comes with a die that cuts the top and sides of the image and I've used it to cut the card base so this card front is shaped.




I took a pic to show it open. Please forgive the grill in the background. I took the pic in our courtyard as I wanted the light. (I was too lazy to setup my lightbox, LOL)




This was a super fun card to make. I foiled a few more panels in different foils while I had the Glimmer system setup so I could make some more cards. 

I also foiled a few more plates and finished another card that will work for Elizabeth's challenge, which I'll post in a few days.

Enjoy your Wednesday!

Colleen

Supplies
Sunflower Border Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil Plate of the Month for 9/24
Sentiment die from Spellbinders Pocket Full of Spirit Stitching Die set 2/24
Paper: Gina K Designs Heavy Weight White, Cherry Red, and Powder Blue card stock
Ink: Copic Marker
Other: Spellbinders Glimmer System, Navy Blue foil, SU yellow enamel dots, Connect glue, SU Dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Colleen these sunflowers are beautiful and the blue foiling is really eye-catching! I love the diecut border edge too. A great way to use these colours on a non-school days themed card. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen... I love how you used this foiling plate! Setting the die cut image as the front panel is so fun. Great use of our colors this week. Thank you for sharing your creativity with The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue leaves! Who knew they'd be so beautiful! The card looked great closed up but it's even better when it's opened out - great idea. Thanks for joining in with us at The Paper Players with this beauty. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!