About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Have A Sweet Day

Happy Tuesday,

It's color week at Just Us Girls. Stephanie has chosen yellow and coral as the colors, a very summery combo.

I had not yet used the June Stitching Die of the Month from Spellbinders, and I thought these colors would make some yummy treats for the front of my card. I did some ink blending after cutting out the card stock then found the floss I wanted to use. I decided to back the cones with the citrus EF from the same release. I ink blended yellow and coral inks on a white panel then ran it through the EF. To make the cones "frosty" I covered the bottom of the scoop with liquid glue, leaving a tiny edge then sprinkled some Distress clear glitter over the glue.

The sentiment is a die from the set and it's cut from coral card stock and backed with black.







The inside sentiment is from the Spellbinders June clear stamp set of the month.





Thanks for checking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Spellbinders June Clear stamp set of the month
Paper: Gina K Designs
Ink: Gina K Designs
Other: Spellbinders June Stitching die of the month, Spellbinders embossing folder of the month, embroidery floss, blending brushes, Trinity enamel pearls, Tim Holtz Distress glitter, Connect glue,


3 comments:

  1. Colleen, your stitched cones are so very pretty in coral and yellow. The frosty scoop is a delightful touch. Thrilled to see you in the Just Us Girls gallery; thank you for joining us.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, The orange and lemon sorbet cones look so good I want to go buy a couple! Great stitching and the sugary touch is awesome! Thanks for playingn with us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is wonderful, Colleen. It is a wonderful way to showcase our colors. I love the stitching and ink blending. Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!