About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, December 2, 2013

Merry Monday Guest Designer This Week

Hi all,

I'm SOOOO excited to be included with Leslie and the Merry Monday design team this week as the "guest designer".  It's definitely an honor.

The theme for this week's challenge is to make a "Chalkboard" look card. I love the process of making this style of card so I was very pleased to see it's this week's challenge.

I pulled out a few of my Taylored Expressions holiday stamp sets and used a mixture of greetings and pictures. My technique when doing this type of card is to stamp it all out on a scrap piece of paper in the size of my finished piece. I just stamp everything in black on the scrap paper, mostly working on the spacing to make sure it looks right. Then, I get my black card stock, dust it with the anti-static powder and stamp from the top to the bottom. I will do a horizontal line of stamping, then pour the EP over so the ink doesn't dry out. Then on to the next line. I don't heat until the entire card is done.

I used some colored pencils to add a little color to the stars and holly. Then swiped  a sponge dauber across various areas with craft white ink. All pretty easy, just need to take the time to get the spacing correct. I kept the rest of the embellishments pretty simple so that the stamping remains the focus.



Supplies
Stamps: Various stamps from these Taylored Expressions sets: Sparkle and Cheer, Banner Holidays,  and Winter Wonderland
Paper: SU black, Gumball Green and Real Red card stock and Echo Park Holly Jolly Christmas patterned paper
Ink: Versamark and SU Craft white
Other: SU white embossing powder, colored pencils, SU sponge dauber, sequins, SU wood grain EF, the Big Shot, and dimensionals

What a fun card this was to make! If you haven't done one of these, give it a try.

Thanks again to the girls at Merry Monday and thanks all for looking in,
Colleen

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on GD spot, Colleen! I love your chalkboard card. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to have you with us this week, Colleen! Love your sweet card and the fun images you used!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun, happy card....love all the images you combined to make this sweet creation! So happy you were able to join us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coleen what a lovely card , love your inspiration on this love the red white and green plaid paper.
    hugs
    Dopttie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Colleen, I love the pretty elements. Congrats on joining us as GD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Colleen. Lots of fun images on your card ... so adorable! Love the colored holly leaves and stars - they really pop off the black background. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice of images on your gorgeous chalkboard card, Colleen. So happy to have you as a GD!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the Guest Designer spot, Colleen! I have never seen that many images laid out so sensationally for the chalkboard technique! That takes a lot of skill and work. Your frame and the addition of the colored elements equals a fabulous card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful chalkboard, Colleen! I'm so glad you could join our team as the Guest Designer this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Colleen, congratulations on being guest designer this week. I love the array of sentiments and images you have used on your chalkboard. I like the plaid paper you have used. A gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Colleen, Love how you stamped your chalkboard and added the colour. Thanks for joining us as our Guest Designer this week, lovely to have you with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy to have you as our Featured Designer this week, Colleen! Your chalkboard card is fabulous and looks wonderful with the plaid paper! Awesome card! Happy Holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!