About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, January 17, 2016

You Warm My Heart

Hello,

It's Sunday and time for our third Paper Players Challenge for 2016. Sandy has a Clean and Simple Valentine challenge for us today.


I made my challenge card and although I liked it, a lot, I questioned if it was truly a CAS card. So, I made another. (Any excuse to stamp, right?)  Here is my second, and more CAS card.



I started with a medium gray card and added a white panel. The sentiment is stamped in SU Archival Black ink. The bunny and heart were stamped on a scrap piece of card stock, colored, cut out and put in place with dimensionals. I added a few embellishments to complete the look. All this white space is not my usual style, but I gave it a shot. I'm thinking I could have used an embossing folder for the background. I'll have to practice some more.

I hope you have a chance to play along with us this week. Make sure to stop by to see what the PP Design Team and my fellow Guest Designers have for you today.


If you're interested, here is the first Valentine's card that I made. By my usual designs, it's CAS, but I decided to stretch myself by making the card above.



Supplies
Card One
Stamps: Snow Day set by Lawn Fawn
Paper: TE textured gray card stock, X-Press It Blending card stock
Ink: SU Archival Black, Memento tuxedo black, Copics, SU Real Red
Other: Baker's Twine, SU heart shaped sequin, Wink Of Stella clear glitter pen, black Stickles, Fiskars corner punch, SU dimensionals

Card Two
Stamps: Love You A Latte set by Lawn Fawn
Paper: SU heavy Whisper White card stock, SU Crumb Cake card stock, X-Press It Blending card stock, Crate Paper patterned papers
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics, SU Chocolate Chip
Other: Die-namics Stitched rectangle die, enamel hearts, the Big Shot, SU dimensionals

Have a great week. Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

9 comments:

  1. I love both cards, Colleen! I am with you on making CAS cards. It is such a struggle for me! Your little bunny is so adorable giving away his heart! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing both cards Colleen! Both beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome CAS cards! I like them BOTH...it would have been hard to decide which one to go with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this cute bunny with his heart all tied up with a bow! Super sweet! Your other card is also very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card warms my heart and that little bunny steals it! So cute and perfectly colored. I love both your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bunny is just too, too adorable. I like how the twine bow echoes the bow on the heart, and how the rounded bottom corner of the card kinda mimics the bunny's cute little round bottom. :D The card is perfectly CAS and simply darling!
    The latte card is cute and CAS too but I'm more of a bunny person than a coffee person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of your cards are CAS and wonderful, Colleen! I am especially a fan of the bunny, though. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two wonderful CAS cards Colleen - the cute bunny definitely steals my heart though! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Colleen, they are both fabulous... but the bunny sitting on the sentiment..... perfection!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!