About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

You Add Color To My Life

 Happy Tuesday Peeps,

If you are a Gina K fan, both of the awesome lady and her stamps and supplies, like I am, you know about her FB group and her Stamp and Chat Live Videos that she does each Monday and Thursday. I can't always watch live due to being at work, but I always watch the recorded version on YouTube when I have the chance.

Well, last night, I was home and watched the live version. The technique she showed us was masking using edges from a torn piece of paper to mask off part of the card and then to use blending brushes to add color to make a background. Once the masks are removed, you get an interesting edge around the blended background. For the stamps, she used silhouette style stamps. To see Gina's cards, you can check them out in the FB group and also on IG.

After eating dinner, I sat down to give this technique a try. I used a rainbow color palette for my blended background and two Gina K stamp sets to make the outside and the inside of my my card.



The ink pads that I used are GKD Bubblegum Pink, Coral Reef, Dandelion Yellow, Lime Green, Blue Lagoon and Black Onyx. The flower and butterfly images are from the GKD set called Petals and Wings and the greeting is from a recent incentive set called Just Add Color. I used my Misti to stamp all of the images and the greeting. For the greeting, I masked off the word "color" with tape, inked the stamp with black, removed the tape and then stamped. I repeated the procedure and masked off the upper and lower lines with tape and stamped the word "color" with Blue Lagoon.

Here is the inside of the card. This time the images are from the Just Add Color set and the greeting is from Petals and Wings.



Have a SAFE day, and thanks for stopping in,

Colleen


Supplies

Gina K Designs: Petals and Wings and Just Add Color stamp sets, Layering weight white, black onyx, blue lagoon card stock, black onyx, bubblegum pink, coral reef, dandelion yellow, lime green, blue lagoon ink pads, master layout 2 dies, Misti stamping tool, blending brushes, SSS colored sequins, connect glue


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!