About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Hugs and Kisses Gator Valentine's Day Card

Hey again stampers,

My second post today is a Valentine's Day card made for Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge 104 and Stacey's Curtain Call Color challenge, Act 69. When I saw the colors that Stacey picked out for us this week, tailor made for Valentine's Day cards, I took the opportunity to make one for a fun little four year old guy named Nic. I hope he likes this cute gator with the sparkly hearts.

(click image to view larger)

Karen's sketch:

Curtain Call Colors:


Lots of embellishments on this card. One of the trendy looks that I love is sewing on cards. I bought a very inexpensive mini sewing machine several months ago for this purpose. I'm trying to use it more, and clearly I need the practice. Not sure if it's the lightness of the machine, but I have a really difficult time keeping things straight. Plus the zig-zag stitches (there are 3) are all big. So, I'm not "in love" with it, but I will keep practicing. Eventually, I will figure out it's quirks.

Supplies
Stamps: Animal Valentines and XOXO both by Stampin' Up
Card stock: all SU cherry cobbler, real red, crumb cake, whisper white and SU red glitter paper
Patterned paper: Stampin' Up DSP (actually from a Christmas themed pack)
Ink: memento rich cocoa and cherry cobbler. Crumb cake, yellow and black SU markers
Other: SU triple heart and round punches, SU thatched square embossing folder, red glitter candy dots, sewing machine, the Big shot, quickie glue pen, and dimensionals.

Time to get something else done besides stamping. Our friends, Nic and his parents, are coming later for dinner. I can give Nic his card.

Have a great week all,
Colleen

1 comment:

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!