About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Fiesta. . . Time To Celebrate

Hello,

I hope everyone had a good week. I left home yesterday for a two week work road trip! I'd rather be home stamping, LOL.


Now on to this week's challenge... It's a Clean and Simple theme challenge from Jaydee: Celebration! To celebrate this occasion we have blog candy to give away, and lots of it! The team has assembled not one, not two, but ten grab bags full of stamping goodness! To be eligible to win one, all you need to do is play along with our challenge this week. You can play as many times as you like, but each needs to be a new project (no back linking, please) and see The Paper Players blog for our other challenge rules. Winners will be selected from all PP300 challenge participants using Random.org and will be posted on Saturday, July 25.





My card today was made for a very good friend's father who recently celebrated his 80th birthday. Now that's something to celebrate too! The birthday party was Mexican fiesta themed with yummy tacos and other Mexican treats as well as super yummy margaritas. In keeping with the Fiesta theme, here is what I came up with:





I wanted the images to be super bright so I used my Misti stamping tool and stamped each flag twice. While it looks like there is a lot going on here, it was really pretty quick and easy to make this card and I love how bright and cheery it turned out.


Here is the inside:




Check out the fun celebration cards from the rest of the DT and our special returning guest this week:

The Paper Players Design Team
Hannelie Bester
Ann Schach


Please see the Paper Players post for information on challenge rules and how blog-candy works. I will be participating with a fun birthday themed grab bag. Since I'm actually away from home for next two weeks, my blog-candy winner will receive the package after the July 4th holiday, which is when I return home from my travels.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great week ahead.
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Front: Papel Picado Banners set by Avery Elle Inside: SU Happy Hour and Endless Birthday Wishes sets
Paper: X-Press It Blending and SU Daffodil Delight card stock
Ink: SU Gumball Green, Daffodil Delight, Real Red classic ink pads and Memento tuxedo black, & for the inside: Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight and Smoky Slate
Other: Papel Picado dies, the Big Shot, dimensionals, Misti stamping tool


10 comments:

  1. Oh those bright banners say party time for sure! Love the inside as well! Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, such a PERFECT card for our 300th celebration and your friend's party! I love these festive banners and all the bright colors! The inside is just fabulous, too! SO glad you are on our team! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that fun inside! Your banners are so festive, what a great card for our celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colleen, I love your festive, bright banners and how your sentiment fits perfectly amongst them. What a great way to celebrate our milestone. So glad you are a part of our PP family
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. ACK....this is amazing! Your stamping is incredible, that MISTI worked perfectly for you. And even though the front is fabulous the inside is even CUTER!!!! YUM! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a FUN fiesta card! Love the bright colors and the draped flags you've created--perfect for our special challenge. Glad you could be part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card for a Mexican themed party, Colleen! I love the brightly colored banners and the fun margaritas inside!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your bright, fun fiesta card - perfect for this week's challenge and your recipient - sounds like a great party Colleen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your banners are so colorful and so fun! What a great card to celebrate an 80th birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh...this card screams "celebration"! I absolutely adore the inside! Awesome, Colleen!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!