About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Have A Happy Thanksgiving

Hello and Happy Sunday,

Welcome to a new The Paper Players challenge. Today, Laurie is our hostess with a fun CAS challenge called "Clean and Simple Taste of Fall". 



So many options, but I recently bought Cutie Pie and Thanks A Bushel sets from Lawn Fawn and I just had to use them. I love this little pie, and doesn't it work well with the apples?! I thought I'd get started on more holiday cards and this set is perfect for Thanksgiving. I know most folks have Pumpkin pie but I'm not a fan of it and mom always made apple for my sister and I at Thanksgiving. Mom is a master pie maker, (seriously, there's no comparison) so I will send this one to her.



While I do have some layers here, it was a super quick and simple card to put together. Maybe because I had designed it in my mind and the finished project came out just as I envisioned it. This card is a small 4x4" note card.

All of the images are stamped in Memento tuxedo black and colored with Copics. They are cut out with the Lawn Fawn coordinating dies. The Spellbinders Scalloped die is cut from SU Cherry Cobbler and Die-namics Stitched square is cut from MFT Brights Plaid in green. The sentiment is from the Cutie Pie set.

Check out the rest of the Design Team's blogs for more awesome inspiration.

The Paper Players Design Team
I know you'll have fun with this challenge and I'm looking forward to seeing the gallery this week.
Have a nice Sunday and thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Cutie Pie and Thanks a Bushel sets by Lawn Fawn
Paper: SU Crumb Cake and Cherry cobbler card stock, X-Press It Blending card stock, My Favorite Things Brights Plaid patterned paper
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics 
Other: Lawn Fawn Cutie Pie and Thanks a Bushel dies, Spellbinders Scalloped Square die, Die-namics Stitched Square die, the Big Shot, dimensionals

7 comments:

  1. Oh, these little apples are just darling! What a sweet Thanksgiving card! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo adorable! Love those cute faces on the apples! And the green checks make a wonderful backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute design and a great idea for that stamp set! Adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colleen, this is so adorable! I love pie. I am a Mid-Western and that is the go to dessert. My Mom makes the best pie crust ever! I just got this set and can't wait to use it. Love this little size, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apples and pie - a match made in heaven! Love the plaid ''tablecloth' too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like we bought the same stamp sets this month, Colleen! Such a cute card, love your happy little apples!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, between you, Sandy and Laurie I can see some Lawn Fawn sets going into my shopping cart! These are so cute--love those sweet little apples especially the one with glasses! Adorable card, Colleen.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!