About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Life's A Beach

Hello and happy Sunday peeps,

After several weeks working away from home during the week and having to catchup on reports on the weekends, I finally have a weekend of free time! Of course, I spent a good potion of it stamping and boy, was it fun.

Since it is Sunday, it's time for a new Paper Players Challenge. My friend, LeAnne has a very pretty color challenge today, with a monochromatic palette of Sweet Sugarplum, Berry Burst and Rich Razzleberry. There are some really gorgeous flower cards in the DT gallery, but I decided on a different theme altogether. Maybe because work has been somewhat stressful I channeled "relaxing at the beach" as the theme for my card. (In fact, all of the cards that I made this weekend are beach themed.)

Here's my Paper Player's card for this week:




All of the stamps and dies are from Avery Elle. The card base is Sweet Sugarplum overlaid with the Avery Elle die cut from Sahara Sand. The beach houses are stamped on water color paper with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with SU white EP. Using the three SU color ink pads and a water brush I water colored the image. After it dried, I cut it out with the corresponding die. It's layered onto a circle of Rich Razzleberry, and the sentiment is also heat embossed with white EP.

The inside is pretty simple, using the same beach houses stamp and the other sentiment in the set.

 


The Fusion Card Challenge has a beach theme this week so I'm also entering my card there.



Thanks for looking in today. I hope you all have a fabulous week ahead.
Colleen


Supplies
Stamps: Beside the Sea set by Avery Elle
Paper: SU Sweet Sugarplum, Rich Razzleberry, Sahara Sand and watercolor paper
Ink: VersaMark, Sweet Sugarplum, Rich Razzleberry and Berry Burst
Other: Beside the Sea and Horizontal Stripe dies by Avery Elle, SU White EP, heat tool, the Big Shot, dimensionals and new SU mini dimensionals

6 comments:

  1. Colleen, I am so glad you chose something other than florals for my colors...and what a wonderful "something" you chose! I think you might be a bit of an enabler, because I might just have to head over to AE to check these out myself. SWEET as can be! LOVE that background die too....I just love it all! Thanks for rocking the colors and I hope this card helped you "de-stress"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable trio of beach huts Colleen - so pretty in pink and the striped background compliments them perfectly! So glad you got to enjoy a fun weekend of crafting at last - so lovely that you were able to play along with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I,love this seaside cabana design! Adorable card! Glad you shared it at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Colleen - loving the horizontal stripes on the die...think that might be one for the wishlist! Thanks for playing along at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those beach cabanas watercolored that way! It's perfectly summer with the wonderful "beach" towel stripe background :)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colleen, I just love this card! What a clever idea to use those beach cabanas! This card made me smile! Great way to use the colors! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!