About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Thank You

Hi all,

I made this card on Sunday to say Thank You to our neighbors, and very good friends, who took me and Mr. Personal Chef, out for my birthday on Saturday night. We had a wonderful time at a new restaurant in the Village of Carlsbad, CA called Campfire. A super fun place with great drinks and food.

Using this week's CAS(E) This Sketch, here is their Thank You card.







I stamped the grapes from the Altenew Simple Fruits set with Distress Oxide inks onto watercolor paper. After inking the stamp I spritzed it with water using a spray bottle before stamping it down onto the paper. The panel was cut into the three sections per the sketch, then glued to a Perfect Plum card base. To soften the background some, I used a layer of vellum cut with an Avery Elle die. The "thank you" die is also from Avery Elle, and the wine bottle and glass dies are Taylored Expressions. I added some purple rhinestones because I like sparkle, and some natural twine to the wine bottle.

As of 5:00 PM today, I am officially on vacation for two weeks. We are headed to Massachusetts early tomorrow for our annual Cape Cod vacation. Can't wait. My blog will be quiet for the next two weeks.

Thanks for looking in today,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Simple Fruits set by Altenew
Paper: SU Perfect Plumb and Always Artichoke card stock, SU vellum and Strathmore water color paper
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Wilted Violet and Walnut inks
Other: Taylored Expressions Wine and Dine dies, Avery Elle Stitched Scalloped Rectangle die, Avery Elle Thank You die, the Big Shot, purple rhinestones, natural twine, dimensionals, mini glue dots

1 comment:

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!