About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, July 17, 2017

Wish You

Good morning,

I have time for a quick post this morning before heading out. One of my good friends here in San Diego has a birthday next week. I just got some new Hero Arts stamp sets and used one to make her a birthday card.






I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and the colors from this week's Sunday Stamps Challenge.

I started off by stamping the water using Distress Oxide Broken China on a square piece of X-Press It  Blending card stock. I did the same on the card base of Island Indigo card stock. The darker whale is stamped in SU Bordering Blue, Midnight Muse and Craft white. The lighter whale is stamped with Hero Arts Dusty Blue, Stone Wash and Memento Black. Then they were cut out using the corresponding die. I added the banner in SU Bravo Burgundy and stamped the greeting with Hero Arts Mulled Wine. The white panel was glued down, then the whales were added. The lighter one is popped up with dimensionals. Lastly, I added some turquoise sequins for some shimmer.

Here is the inside:



This is a beautiful and fun set that can be used for anyone.

Have a great Monday and thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Color Layering Whales set by Hero Arts and inside greetings from Lawn Fawn
Paper: SU Island Indigo, Bravo Burgundy and X-Press It Blending card stocks
Ink: SU Bordering Blue, Midnight Muse, Hero Arts Dusty Blue, Cornflower, Stone Wash and Mulled Wine, Memento craft white and tuxedo black
Other: Hero Arts die, Die-namics Fishtail Flags die, sequins, the Big Shot, dimensionals 

6 comments:

  1. What a cool card Colleen! I love the whales, but the backgrounds are amazing! She will live the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How FUN! First, that color combination is wonderful, and second, those whale images are fabulous! Your background is pretty snazzy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's awesome! Love your whales and the waves stamped across the panels make the perfect background! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! I love your choice of colours and image! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and different card! I love the whales and the insertion of the little mermaid. Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card, Colleen! The water is perfect for these whales that just pop off the page! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps! this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!