About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Congratulations Grad

Happy Saturday to all,

I hope you are enjoying the first day of the long Memorial Day weekend. I've been running the usual Saturday errands, but now I'm home and looking forward to doing some stamping. Mr. Personal Chef's birthday is 5/30 and I still need to make his card. Luckily, I have a design in mind.

One of my best friend's daughter graduates from high school this month. I was a little late getting her card made because of my South American vacation, but I finished it yesterday evening and just put in in the mail with a gift card. She is on her way from Chicago to Virginia Tech to major in engineering. She is also on the swim team. An ambitious young woman!

I decided to make a shaker card. For some reason, shaker cards and I are not friends. This one seemed to work better than most that I try.



I started with a Taylored Expressions stamp called Graphic Greetings Graduate and stamped it onto "window plastic" using Staz-On white ink. While it was drying, I stamped the Pure Innocence Graduate onto Neenah Solar White heavy weight card stock and colored it with Copics. As the graduate's school colors are Navy and White, I went with a navy card base and colored the cap and gown in navy. After coloring the main image, I colored the background with BG Copics in lighter shades. I wanted the white lettering on the window plastic to stand out.  The window is cut with a Die-namics stitched rectangle die. Using double sided tape I taped the window plastic to the back of the cut panel, then used foam tape to outline the area where the shaker elements would go. Finally, I glued 3 of the sequins stars to the outside of the card.

That's it from me today. Thanks for stopping in and I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

Supplies
Stamps: Graphic Greetings Graduate stamp by Taylored Expressions and Pure Innocence Graduate by My Favorite Things
Paper: TE textured Navy and Neenah Solar White card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Staz-on White, and Copics
Other: Die-namics Stitched Rectangle die, window plastic, Misti Stamping tool, various sequins and shapes for shaker, foam tape, double sided tape



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!