About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, July 6, 2018

Hope Your Birthday is the Sweetest

Hey and Happy Friday Peeps,

It's a very, very light work day for me, whoo-hoo! I've been doing some rearranging of my card stock storage and a few other supplies and doing some general craft room pickup. Now that is done and I can actually do some stamping.

First, I wanted to get this card posted. I made it last night after dinner. It's a birthday card as I have several friends with birthday's this month. The sketch is this week's CAS(E) this Sketch! and the new Seize the Birthday topping is sequins, and this card fits perfectly.





This is a pretty simple card. The card base and layer are Neenah Desert Storm. The top layer is embossed with a TE Burlap embossing folder. The stamps are from Avery Elle, one of the newest sets. The ice cream cone is stamped on X-Press It Blending card stock with Memento black and colored with Copics. The pink element is X-Press It Blending card with Distress Oxide pink ink blended on it using a blender tool. After it was dry, the sentiment from the same stamp set was stamped using memento black ink. After popping the ice cream cone on the card I used some Expresso dimensional paint for the chocolate sauce. Finally, the pink sequins were added for embellishment.

Here is the inside:


Images are also from the new set. The sentiment is from another Avery Elle birthday set.

I hope you have a great weekend. My craft group is getting together tomorrow. As usual, I'm bring supplies and card examples for them to work on. I usually cut all of the paper so they can concentrate on the stamping and creativity. It should be fun.

Thanks for stopping in. Stay cool everyone!
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Sweetest  and Birthday  Bus sets by Avery Elle
Paper: Neenah Desert Storm and X-Press It Blending card stocks
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Distress Oxide, and Copics
Other: Sweetest Element dies, Taylored Expressions Burlap embossing folder, Die-namics Fishtail Flag die, ink blending tool, Gemini Jr, Express Dimensional paint, sequins, SU dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so sweet! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card, Colleen! I love how your background echoes the ice cream cone, and what a great take on the sketch. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!