About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, September 28, 2018

Happy Birthday

Happy Friday!

Yay, it's Friday and the weekend is here. It's just too bad that they go by so quickly.

I have two close friends who both have birthdays at the beginning of October. One is on Oct. 1 and the other is on Oct. 2, so I've been working on their birthday cards. Since they are Fall birthdays, I decided on Fall flowers.

The first card uses the current Sunday Stamps Sketch and an older MFT Fall set.



I really like how this sketch looks with my completed card. The sunflowers and birdie are stamped with permanent black ink onto water color paper and colored with Zig Real Brush Water color markers and an aqua painter. The papers are from an older Pebbles 6 x 6 pad called Woodland Forrest. I didn't want to cover too much of the flowers so I used the twine as the horizontal element.

Here's a look at the inside. The sentiment is from Neat & Tangled and the die is TE.



For the second birthday card, I've used a new set from the Simon Says Stamp October Card kit. I heat embossed the image in gold EP on SU Heavy Very Vanilla card stock and colored it with Copics. For the splatters, I just used some gold craft ink on an acrylic block mixed with water with a paint brush and flicked it across the image panel. The card base is SSS card stock from the October kit. I used a recent sketch from Freshly Made Sketches, #355.



The inside is super simple. I used VersaMark ink and my Misti to stamp the image several times to get this dark watermark look. The sentiment is part of the stamp set.



It's a really dreary day here on the SoCal coast, but I'm not complaining as yesterday I was back in Palm Springs where it is still 107 degrees! I'll take the cool and foggy weather over that any time!

Have a great afternoon and a great weekend.
Thanks,
Colleen

Supplies
Card 1:
Stamps: Fall Friends by My Favorite Things and Celebrate You by Neat & Tangled
Paper: SU More Mustard card stock, SU water color paper and Pebbles Woodland Forrest patterned paper
Ink: SU Black Archival, Zig Real Brush Markers, SU Early Expresso
Other: MFT Fall Friends dies, Fiskars Corner punch, TE Scalloped Border die, Avery Elle twine, Gemini Jr, Misti, dimensionals

Card 2:
Stamps: Sketched Flowers by Simon Says Stamp
Paper: SSS orange card stock, SU heavy Very Vanilla and SU So Saffron card stocks
Ink: VersaMark, Memento Tuxedo black, Copics, craft gold ink pad
Other: Twinery Gold Baker's twine, SSS gold sequins, SU gold EP, heat tool, Misti Stamping Tool

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Gorgeous, gorgeous cards - such rich colors and papers. Love your coloring on teh sunflowers especially! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the intense fall colors, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! I love both cards so much! The sunflowers make me smile! Your girlfriends will cherish these beauties! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful, warm cards! The sunflower and bird card really speaks to me, and the coordinating paper is great. Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!