About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, September 16, 2018

Walk It Off

Hi all,

Sadly, the weekend is basically over and I need to get busy packing for another work trip. I'll be back in Palm Springs to start a new project at a different hospital than where I've been working the past month. Hopefully, the weather is a little cooler, since it's fall.

Since I will be there until Friday afternoon, I wanted to get my Paper Players Challenge card done and posted today. Claire has a CAS Sports challenge this week. I had tons of options and pulled out several stamp sets, but I couldn't resist using one of my favorite Fred Bear sets.

The colors come from this week's Color Throwdown Challenge. The colors this week are red, orange, green, and kraft.




I decided to use my Polychromos colored pencils to color today so I stamped the image on 64lb Neenah Solar white card stock. This lighter weight is a little "rougher" and I think it works well for colored pencils. After stamping Fred and coloring him, I made a mask of him and a negative space circle mask so I could stamp the forrest behind the focal image. The trees are from the Winter Woods SU Holiday set. It is stamped using SU Crumb Cake ink. To anchor the bottom, I used a Lawn Fawn grass die to cut a small section of grass for Fred to hike on. Finally, I used a yellow Zig Real Brush yellow marker to create the sunshine through the forrest.

This card was meant to be a single layer card. Unfortunately, when I stamped the greeting, I totally messed it up and there was no way to fix it. I didn't want to start over from scratch, so I used a circle die and cut it out, hence, the layers. It's still fairly CAS though. The only embellishment is the pine tree corner punch. It's one of the first punches I bought, probably about 25 years ago.

That's all from me until next weekend. I hope you all have a great week.
Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Fred Bear Takes A Hike set by My Favorite Things and Winter Woods set by Stampin' Up
Paper: 64lb Neenah Solar white and Desert Storm card stock, SU Garden Green card stock
Ink: Memento tuxedo black and SU Real Red
Other: Spellbinders circle die, Marvy Uchid corner punch, Polychromos colored pencils, Gemini Jr, Misti Stamping Tool

6 comments:

  1. Oh Colleen, I love this card! You know me and CAS, so I think this is perfect! I love the idea of hiking! What a grand idea for my challenge! Your coloring is amazing! Have a great trip and thanks so much for joining my challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet image and your coloring really rocks! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen... your hiking bear is just wonderful! The coloring is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colleen, this is so adorable and beautifully colored, too! I also love all of that wonderful white space. Fabulous card!
    So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet bear Colleen - this is what I should be doing when I've eaten one too many desserts lol! A great 'rescue' from your one layer near-miss; I actually like the addition of the pine tree punched corners, totally fitting with your hiking theme. Hope you've had a good week in Palm Springs. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coloring is awesome, and that image adorable Colleen! Hope you had a good trip. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!