About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

To My Beautiful Friend


Hi Peeps,

I had to do a WebEx class for work today. It lasted 4 hours and was, should I say it, boring! Luckily I was at my crafting desk with my computer and had enough room at the side to make a card while listening to the speaker.

Jaydee is this week's hostess for the Paper Players Challenge and her challenge is super fun. I really wanted to play along before I leave tomorrow morning for another work trip. Using some new stamps and dies from Concord & 9th, here's my card.




I love this new Turnabout set. The flower images are so cute and they really did a good job with the way the colors are mixed when using the four turns. For my card I used Grapefruit Grove, Balmy Blue, Pineapple Punch and Highland Heather ink pads. After stamping the main panel, I stamped the sentiment using VersaMark and heat embossed it with white EP on Highland Heather paper then cut it out with the large flower die that matches the set. I also used the same die to cut out flowers from Pineapple Punch and Grapefruit Grove paper. The three flowers are arranged with leaves cut from Balmy Blue and I also sponged some Balmy Blue ink on the edges using a sponge dauber.

Here is the inside of the card. The sentiment and small flower images are in the stamp set too.



I just got home from a retirement dinner for a co-worker. I've known him at least 30 years. I will sure miss working with him, but more, I'm super happy he gets to retire. He and his wife plan on traveling as much as they can.

Thanks for stopping by my blog,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Flower Patch Turnabout stamp set by Concord & 9th
Paper: SU Pineapple Punch, Balmy Blue, Highland Heather and Grapefruit Grove card stock, X-Press It Blending card stock
Ink: SU Pineapple Punch, Balmy Blue, Highland Heather, Grapefruit Grove ink pads, VersaMark Ink
Other: White EP, Heat Tool, Misti, Flower Patch set dies, Gemini Jr, sponge dauber, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Colleen! I love all the pretty stamping and blooms! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, you must have been on the same Webex call as me :-) Ive done more than my fair share of boring calls this week! I didnt think to craft at the same time - genius! So glad you played along with us this week. The background you stamped is fabulous. So glad you were able to play along with us again this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!