About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April TE "Blast From The Past" Blog Hop

Welcome to my stop along the April Taylored Expressions "Blast From the  Past" blog hop. This month's theme is Clean and Simple. This is not the type of card that I'm used to creating. I love layers! I love embellishments! My card has a little of each, but not too much, so I think it works for today's theme. It went together pretty quickly, if that counts.  :)

I started with Sankari's sketch. The butterfly was stamped three times on choice buttercream card stock and three times each on blue and gold patterned papers. The images on the patterned paper were cut out and popped up with dimensionals onto the images on the card stock.



Embellishments are limited to Taylor's Tiny Twinkles in the centers of the butterflies and paper piercing in the corners of the main panel. Both panels are layered over SU not quite navy card stock. The sentiment is punched with a one inch circle punch and layered over a folded teal and brown ribbon. Corners are rounded on the right side of the card and the long panel.

Supplies
Stamps: Taylored Expressions "Garden Party Critters"
Card Stock: TE choice buttercream and SU not quite navy
Patterned paper: My Mind's Eye Stella Rose-Hattie
Ink: memento tuxedo black and SU not quite navy
Other: TE polka-dot ribbon, Taylor's Tiny Twinkles in blue and gold, SU corner rounder and one inch circle punches, dimensionals, SU crafter's tool kit.

Enjoy all of the wonderful entries in today's hop. They are listed below. Thanks so much for stopping by today,
Colleen


13 comments:

  1. This is very pretty! I love the butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS card Colleen! LOVe the row of butterflies and the colors and papers are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love the rhinestones in the butterflies' bodies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful butterflies - love the color combo. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty papers to match your lovely butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOur butterflies and papers are so pretty - great CAS card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the soft color combos of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!! I really like how you did the row of butterfies, very pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty....the butterflies look awesome and I love your ribbon treatment!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card--I love your butterflies and your patterned papers!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!