About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Do You Believe In Magic?

Believe In Magic is the name of this super cute PI girl. I've decked her out in lavender and gave her a pearl wand to perform her magic with.




The sketch is this week's MFTWSC#14. She is stamped then cut out and presented on a Die-namics Dizzy Doily. Her outfit is paper pieced with the background papers and she is colored with Copics. Her wings, purple tights, hair flower, and shoes are colored with Spica pens and in RL there is a really nice sparkle.

I had planned to use the Dizzy border for the right-angle elements, but they seemed to get lost under the doily so I had the idea of cutting the border down the middle and using each piece as a scalloped edge on the patterned paper instead. I like the way it turned out.

Supplies
Stamps: Pure Innocence Girl "Believe In Magic" by My Favorite Things
Card stock: SU orchid opulence, TE choice snow white
Patterned paper: SU Shades of Spring DSP, retired
Ink: memento tuxedo black, Copics, Spica pens
Other: Die-namics Dizzy Doily and Dizzy border dies, SU punches, SU half pearl, quilting pin (for the wand), TE polka dot ribbon, the Big Shot, sewing machine, and dimensionals

Yea, tomorrow's Friday. I hope you all have a great one.
Thanks,
Colleen

1 comment:

  1. Love all the purple and the pearl on her wand is a wonderful touch!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!