About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

New Toys to Play With

I received my latest MFT order yesterday, so naturally, I just had to break some of them out today and play. I picked a new PI girl called "Crazy for Daisies." I've fallen in love with these PI girls. Who wouldn't? :)

I colored her and the daisies with Copics, except her dress is paper pieced with the same yellow plaid paper as the scallop at the bottom of the card. Instead of coloring her flower pin, I used some pink rhinestones to add some sparkle. The panels are zig-zag stitched all around, but I left the scalloped piece loose so it ruffles up. The buttons are threaded with 3 different colors of baker's twine and adhered with popup glue dots.




The layout is Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge #112. (Love it this week.) I also used several ingredients for the current Follow the Recipe #9 challenge at Linda's Catered Crop blog. The ingredients I used are:

     Patterned paper: stripes and plaid
     Colors: blue and yellow
     Embellishments: bling, buttons and ribbon
     Tools: sewing
     Shapes: scallops

The sentiment is not from the PI set, but rather a SU set. I wanted to make this a Thank You card. My friend has put in an order for three Administrative Assistant Day cards, which is at the end of April, so I thought I'd get started.

Supplies
Stamps: Pure Innocence "Crazy for Daisies" by My Favorite Things and "So Happy For You" by Stampin' UP
Card stock: SU ballet blue and TE choice snow white
Patterned paper: SU Pawstivetly Prints
Ink: memento tuxedo black and Copics
Other: Die-namics Fishtail banner and scalloped scallop border dies, SU buttons, baker's twine, TE pink plaid ribbon, Taylor's Tiny Twinkles, sewing machine, the Big Shot, pop up glue dots, and dimensionals

Here's to a wonderful work week. I have a short one as we are taking this Friday and next Monday off and heading up to the Central Coast wine country (yum!) for a long weekend with friends.

Thanks for stopping by today,
Colleen

3 comments:

  1. Oh Colleen, I love everything about this. My MFT are in the mail. You've given me such great inspiration for those fish-tail banners! I'm so glad you joined us at Catered Crop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to stop by to tell you I Love this card! There is so much going on...colors, buttons, ribbon, scallops...simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute!!! Love her little gingham dress with the pink rhinestone accent!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!