About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Springtime Smiles

Hi again all. I bought a 6 x 6 paper pack of Vintage looking background papers a few weeks ago from K and Company. I thought they would make a perfect backdrop for this silhouette stamp from Stampin' Up. Vintage is not a style that I do, but I see lots of examples around blog land and they look so pretty, so I wanted to give it a try.





I've used April's Sketch For You To Try for the layout. After crinkling up the papers, they were sponged with Tim Holtz distress inks, then sanded with a sanding bar around the edges, including the  cream card base.

Supplies
Stamps: Easter Blossoms by Stampin' Up
Card stock: TE choice buttercream, SU ridding hood red, TE medium green
Patterned papers: K and Company
Ink: SU early expresso, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in linen and corduroy brown
Other: SU vintage brads, SU crochet lace, Sizzix Bow Strings EF, scalloped circle Nestie, sanding block, the Big Shot, and dimensionals

Happy Stamping,
Colleen


1 comment:

  1. This turned out BEAUTIFULLY! Two thumbs up for your vintage maiden voyage! Great job with the April SFYTT, too - thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!