About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, February 17, 2014

Home For the Holidays

Happy Monday night,

I should be in bed, but I'm stamping while watching ice dancing instead. It will be an early morning. Last week, I squeaked in my Merry Monday card at the very last minute. This week, I did the opposite and got my Merry Monday #96 card done on Monday. This week's challenge is to use holly on our card.

I've used this week's Retro Sketches #102 for my layout.




I pulled out some old SU eyelets again for the top of the label die to thread the baker's twine through to make a bow. I colored the holly wreath with Copics and then added Xmas red Stickles on the berries to go with the SU red glimmer paper. The holly leaves in the bottom corner have black Stickles outlining the center, but it didn't show up in the photo. It looks pretty IRL.

Here's the inside. I used my all time favorite Christmas sentiment stamp. I bought this stamp years ago at Stamp Francisco in the city. The date on the label is 1982! Anyhoo, I love this saying:


I hope you enjoy the rest of your week. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Wreaths Of Joy set by Taylored Expressions and Christmas sentiment stamp by Stamp Francisco
Paper: SU black and whisper white card stock, X-Press It Blending card stock, SU red glimmer paper, and Lawn Fawn patterned papers
Ink: Memento tuxedo black and Copics
Other: Die-namics dies (label and holly leaf), red and black Stickles, red pearls, baker's twine, SU eyelets, the Big Shot, dimensionals and SU mini glue dots

11 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful holly card!! Love the layout & design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful inside and out! I love your design and the beautiful sentiment on the inside. Hope you have a good week too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty holly wreath, Colleen! Love how you've used it in this layout and the sentiment is fantastic! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, inside and out! It's great to use those very old stamps again, isn't it?
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty inside and out. The red Stickles really makes those berries pop. Wish I had thought of that on my card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, I love the holly wreath. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! I love the sentiment inside and that green background is yummy! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty really like the green and red dp that you used for th background too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, inside & out, Colleen! Love the wreath and all the added holly! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is beautiful inside and out. I love the sentiment too! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, Colleen! That wreath image is very pretty, and I love how the sentiment is continued down in the corner. It looks so nice on the matted tag too...and I agree, your inside sentiment is nice as well! Thanks so much for playing with our holly challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!