About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thank You

Hello,

I don't know about you, but I'm super happy that tomorrow is Friday. I'm really ready for a weekend!

I have a card today that I made for Stacey's Cozy Quilt Curtain Call Challenge. I've been wanting to use this tree patterned paper from KaiserKraft. They remind me of the quilting technique called appliqué. So, when I saw the new CC challenge when Stacey posted it, I thought this paper would be perfect to use.

The layout is from the MFTWSC163. For the center element, I cut 1/2" pieces of coordinating papers from the pad and glued them down on diagonal to a piece of white cs, then used the MFT die to cut it out. I also cut the die from Rose Red card stock to use as a shadow to help the patterned paper one stand out better. To keep with the quilt/fabric theme, I used felt and a button for the flower element, as well as the tape measure ribbon. I hope you enjoy!

                                


                                  

Supplies
Stamps: Big Greetings set by My Favorite Things
Paper: SU Very Vanilla and Rose Red card stock and Suga Pop by KaiserKraft pattern papers
Ink: SU Rose Red
Other: Die-namics label die, Fishtail Flag die, and flower die, MFT pink felts, SU button, baker's twine, TE tape measure ribbon, Kaiser pink rhinestones, the Big Shot, mini glue dots and dimensionals

Thanks all and TGIF!
Colleen

2 comments:

  1. Just love that felt flower and lovely bright colours. Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how pretty... love the different textures Colleen. The felt flower is beautiful. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!