About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Batty For You

Hello and welcome to a new Paper Player's Challenge. Our first one for October! This week, the very talented Claire is our hostess with a seasonal theme challenge.



Perfect for finishing up your Halloween cards for friends and family. I know well see some spooky and cute cards in our gallery this week.

Since I was traveling for work most of last week, I didn't have a chance to sit down and make my card until yesterday. Unfortunately for me, I seemed to have picked up a "bug" in my travels and with a pounding head and upset stomach, my creativity was running at about 5% of normal, so I needed to find a quick and simple sketch. This week's CAS(E) this Sketch came to my rescue.





Using some older Reverse Confetti sets, I put together this pretty simple card. The card base is SU Basic Gray. I cut the top panel of Very Vanilla with the largest MFT Wonky Stitched die and stamped the bottom line of bats. I cut a Very Vanilla banner using a MFT Pierced Fishtail Flags die and stamped the same bats on it, then I cut another banner from Basic Gray for layering. Using the Mini Misti for placement, I stamped the sentiment in Pumpkin Pie ink. After putting the card together, I thought it needed a little more embellishment, so I added the large bat in the upper right corner and the two black pearls in the lower right corner. 

The inside is super simple as well.




Here are the links to the rest of the DT's blogs. Be sure to stop by to say hi.

The Paper Players Design Team
Joanne James-Off this week
Hannelie Bester-Off this week

Have fun with Clair's theme. I'm looking forward to seeing all of your spooky treats.
Thanks for stopping in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Spooky Cuties and Spooky Sentiments sets by Reverse Confetti
Paper: SU Basic Gray and Very Vanilla card stock
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, SU Basic Gray and Pumpkin Pie
Other: Die-namics Wonky Stitched and Pierced Fishtail Flag dies, black pearls, the Big Shot, dimensionals

10 comments:

  1. Colleen, sorry to hear that you caught a bug whilst you were traveling. Hopefully you managed to get some rest this weekend and are starting to feel better. I love your batty card and the sentiment on the inside is perfect. Great job with the sketch, too.
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon!

    What a fun Halloween card!Love those rows of bats, and the cute sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such a cute card you made despite feeling badly! Love your take on the sketch especially those wonky stitches and rows of bats! I hope you were able to rest this weekend and are feeling better soon, my friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great CAS Halloween card, Colleen! Love the vanilla/orange/gray color scheme and all the piercing and stitching. So sorry to hear you are feeling badly, please rest and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it....those pierced dies are just amazing....add a lot of depth and interest to a simple card like this! CUTE CUTE CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colleen, so sorry you are sick! I do hope you are feeling much better today! Take care of yourself!
    I LOVE this CAS card! Your row of bats is perfect and the inside sentiment is just so fun! Thank you for creating such a fabulous card even though you were sick! You made my challenge shine, My Friend! XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love the CAS look of this and the gray with vanilla. The polka dot bat is too cute, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CAS perfection! Love those bats! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Colleen!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Case this sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!