About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Thanks for Your Amazing Hospitality

Hello crafty friends,

I hope you had a nice, restful weekend. My only complaint is that it was way too short! My work week is going to be busy, but at least that usually means the week will go by fast.

I had a few hours in my craft room today. Most of the time was spent doing some organizing. I did get a chance to make a card for the new Paper Players Challenge. Sandy is the hostess this week with a fun color challenge. The palette is perfect for a floral card and I actually have one in mind I want to make later in the week one evening after work. Today, I went in a very different direction with my card. Although, there are some flowers on it too.




I have not used this stamp set before, and thought I'd see what I could do with it using Sandy's colors. I think it turned out pretty well. I turned it into a thank you card to send to our friends in Massachusetts that we spent our vacation with last month.

I started by sponging Calypso Coral ink over the MFT brick stencil. After sponging with the coral ink, I sponged some Crumb Cake very lightly over the coral to create a slight darker shade. I cut the piece to about 1.5 inches wide to use as the front entry flooring. Next, I used paper from the SU Wood Textures DSP pack to stamp the door and frame, and the die was used to cut it out. There is also a die that cuts the actual door on three sides so it opens. Very cool! The inside is lined with some So Saffron card stock so it peeks through the windows. The rest of the images are stamped onto Whisper White with Memento black and colored with Copics that match the challenge colors. They were all cut out with the SU set dies too.

The card base is Bermuda Bay that is dry embossed with the SU Textured Stripes EF. I arrange all of the pieces to make my little scene. The tall flower vase actually has pumpkins on the stamp. I cut them off and hand drew the bottom of the vase with a black multi-liner pen. It worked out pretty well.

The inside is super simple.



It was not a quick card to make, but it was super fun to make the little scene, and I love it.

Have a great week everyone.  I hope to have some time in the evenings this week to play with more new stamps from the SU Holiday catalog and to make that floral card I have in my mind.

Thanks,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: At Home With You set by Stampin' Up
Paper: SU Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, So Saffron and Whisper White card stock, SU Wood Textures DSP and grasscloth paper
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, SU Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake, Bermuda Bay, Copics
Other: SU At Home with You dies, SU Textured Stripes Embossing Folder, MFT Brick Stencil, the Big Shot, diemnsionals, enamel hearts

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Colleen - what a fabulous use of this week's colours! I love the blue walls and cheery orange blooms - so welcoming. A lovely way to say thank you! Lovely to see you in the gallery again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, what a welcoming entry, Colleen! So many interesting little bits and pieces to look at, right down to the little straw mat. Thanks so much for playing along with my color challenge at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a welcoming doorway...love the sweet scene you created!Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful little scene you have created, Colleen. I think is is a wonderful card to thank someone for their hospitality. You really embraced these colors and made them shine. So glad you joined us at the Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!