About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Tickled Pink

Hi and happy Sunday afternoon to all,

For my post today I have a birthday card made using a couple of challenges. The colors come from the current Sunday Stamps #159 challenge where the palette is a bright and summery one. The sketch comes from this week's Retro Rubber challenge. I have to say, I love how this one turned out!






I rotated the sketch one turn clock-wise to accommodate the tall flamingo image. This stamp set is Stampin' Up from 2002!  The images are stamped in Memento tuxedo black on X-Press It Blending card stock and colored with Copics. After coloring, I fussy cut out the image. The background plaid paper is Lawn Fawn and the dies are all Die-namics.

For the sentiment, I stamped the first part on the front of the card and it's finished here on the inside using Mambo Melon ink:



I have several birthdays coming up this fall, so I'm stalking up my stash.

Enjoy viewing the Eclipse tomorrow, and be sure to be safe viewing it. Our neighbor bought glasses for all of us and we're going to have a little party. The peak time is at 10:20 for us here in So Cal, and the sun will be a little over 50% covered. Our only concern is that our famous "marine layer," or low morning fog, may not clear in time to see the sun.

Thanks so much for stopping in this afternoon. Enjoy your evening,
Colleen

Supplies
Tickled Pink set by Stampin' Up from 2002
Paper: SU Regal Rose, Mambo Melon, Summer Sun, Daffodil Delight and X-Press It Blending card stocks and Lawn Fawn plaid patterned paper
Ink: Mambo Melon, Memento tuxedo black, Copics
Other: Die-namics stitched rectangle and stitched sun dies, the Big Shot, dimensionals and mini dimensionals

8 comments:

  1. Wow, just wow! Gorgeous, harmonious colours and fabulous colouring. A flamingo with a sunhat and jandals - priceless! The stitched dies you've used a fantastic and I wish I had some. All round fabulous. Thanks so much for joining us at Retro Rubber this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza! LOVE these cards and colors! Those flamingos are so sticking cute! Those fussy cut flowers were perfectly placed and I adore how the sun is behind the flamingo! Fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card! Love that flamingo dressed in pink behind a fun die cut sun. So cute! Thanks for playing along at Sunday Stamps! this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love how you combined the two challenges and I had no idea that SU had a flamingo stamp going back that far. That's what I love about our challenge - you get to see so many wonderful stamps that we just wouldn't see otherwise. So, thanks for playing with us at Retro Rubber and I really hope you will join us again soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cards, the first one is my fave, love that big bold sun and the Flamingo..you will see from my blog this week I LOVE Flamingoes! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. FUN, FUN, FUN! I love it! That pink flamingo is so hilarious! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun, perfectly summer pair of cards for our colour challenge this week at Sunday Stamps! I'm so glad you shared them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So CUTE! Love the birds and their hats! The Copic coloring is fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing this fun card with Retro Rubber's sketch challenge this week. Hoping to see you often in our gallery!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!