About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Cupcakes Make Life Sweet

Hello to all,

My card today is made using the sketch and inspiration photo on the Fusion Card Challenge - Cupcakes. I pulled out an older Taylored Expressions set called For the Love of Cupcakes and made a birthday card.





In fact, most all of the supplies are older. The patterned papers are called Country Drive by Echo Park and I think they were in one of the old TE Key Ingredients kits from several years ago. The oval dies are Spellbinder Nesties. The images are stamped onto TE buttercream card stock and colored with Copics. I fussy cut the cake stand and cupcake and glued them to the oval. Following the inspiration photo, I added a rhinestone flower, also from a Key Ingredients kit, and some enamel dots.

Here is the inside:


I didn't notice until I took the picture that the inside greeting is slightly askew. I will end up re-stamping before using the card. Luckily, there isn't much to re-do, LOL.

And, since there is some coloring involved, I'll post to Kathy's 30 Day Coloring Challenge. It's day 12 today. Unfortunately, work gets in my way of finding time to color on a daily basis, but I'm trying to do most of the days.

Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: For the Love of Cupcakes set by Taylored Expressions
Paper: TE white and buttercream card stock, TE dark teal textured card stock, Country Drive by Echo Park patterned paper
Ink: Memento tuxedo black and Copics
Other: Spellbinders Nesting Oval dies, flower rhinestone gem, Basic Gray enamel dots, Gemini Jr, Misti, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Great fusion of the sketch and photo! Thanks for playing along with us at the Fusion challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! The mix of papers and coloring is perfection! I love that you decorated the inside too. You're going to make someone really happy with this one!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!