About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, September 14, 2019

A Very Merry

Happy Saturday Peeps,

Yay for the weekend! I don't have much planned and I'm good with that. More craft time! We are going to friends for dinner tonight, but other than that, some weekend chores and my craft room.

Last night after I turned off the work computer, I pulled out my new Concord & 9th September release stamp sets. All are Holiday/Christmas sets and all are gorgeous. I decided to make a card using this week's CAS(E) this Sketch! layout. It's a simple and fun sketch with tons of possibilities.




The plaid background is stamped using the new Woven Stripes background stamp. It's layered onto a Cherry Cobbler panel, then both onto the kraft card base. The flower is from the new Christmas Florals set. It's stamped on Whisper White and colored with Copics, then cut out using the set die. I also used the set die to cut the shape from the kraft square panel, which is popped up so that the flower is inset. Unfortunately, it really doesn't show up in the photo. For embellishment, I used three gold pearls from SU in the center of the flower, and added some Wink of Stella over the petals.

Here is the inside of the card. Images are from the Christmas Florals set.



I had made a card for last week's sketch, but never got around to writing a blog post. Sometimes that happens when I have a week with pretty long work days that include lots of driving. Anyhoo- here's last week's card and sketch. These stamps are from an older MFT set called Fall Friends. The background is stamped using the Concord & 9th Gingham Background stamp.

The paper is SU Neutrals Ivory, and I think that is why the background is rather splotchy. It kind of goes with the country feel of the stamp images.



Thanks for looking in. Have a wonderful weekend!
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Woven Stripes Background and Christmas Florals sets by Concord & 9th
              Gingham Background set by Concord & 9th and Fall Friends set by My Favorite Things
Paper:   Neenah Desert Storm, SU Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler
             SU Garden Green and Neutrals Ivory
Ink:       Memento tuxedo black, Copics, SU Cherry Cobbler and Shaded Spruce
             Memento tuxedo black, Copics, SU Garden Green
Other:   Christmas Florals set dies, Die-namics Stitched Square die, Misti, Gemini Jr, SU gold pearls
             MFT Fall Friends set dies, Misti, Gemini Jr, SU green enamel dots
             dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!