About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, September 12, 2019

THANKS

Happy Thursday Peeps,

Wow, I feel like it's been a long week! Work has been hectic and stressful this week so I'm really glad to see the week coming to an end.

I made my card for this week's Paper Players Challenge on Sunday evening, but didn't have time to write the blog post. This week Ann has a pretty color challenge.

I've used new Concord & 9th dies from the August release to make a pretty fall card.




To start, using blending brushes, I blended each of the three SU inks onto white card stock. After the ink dried, I cut each piece with the Concord & 9th dies. Then, using the Concord & 9th Sew Essentials kit, I stitched each leaf using thread that closely matches the SU ink shades.

Black is used for the "neutral" color and the card base is SU Pretty Peacock. I used an embossing folder to dry emboss the black piece.

On the inside, I used another 2 of the C&9th dies from the set, stitching one of them as well.



These stitching dies are kind of fun. I wasn't going to get into these, but. . .  (you all know how that goes!)

Thanks for looking,
Colleen


Supplies
Sew Sational die set and Sew Essential kit both by Concord & 9th
Paper: SU Pretty Peacock, Basic Black, Cajun Craze, Whisper White
Ink: SU Pretty Peacock, Cajun Craze, Merry Merlot
Other: SU embossing folder, Gemini Jr, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Colleen! I love these big, bold leaves in the challenge colors. And the stitching...WOW! It's amazing! Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stitched detailing on your leaves Colleen - I can see why these dies were difficult to resist! Wishing you a relaxing weekend and thanks for sharing your card with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW! I love the stitching on the leaves! How beautiful! You know I adore those polka dots, too! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!