About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, September 21, 2019

Simply brew-tiful

Hi peeps,

I haven't played along with the Fusion Card Challenge in quite awhile. I always save their new sketch to my computer's desk top thinking I'll get to it, but unfortunately, I usually run out of time. I put all of the blame on that work thing that I have to do five days a week. I loved the sketch this week, and though I'm not a coffee drinker, I do have some cute coffee stamps, so I decided to make a card after we finished dinner tonight.

I found some really pretty patterned papers in my stash. These are from a 6 x 6" pad called Take Me Away from Pink Paislee. For you coffee drinkers, aptly titled, LOL. Here's my card.




The card base is Oyster Gray card stock from Ellen Hutson. It's such a nice weight and very smooth. This gray shade is beautiful. The patterned paper background is matted with SU Poppy Parade as is the hearts piece. The scalloped border die is by Taylored Expressions. I cut it out twice, once with the poppy and once with the gray and then layered them. The sentiment is from the Lil' Inkers set called Latte Love and it's stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink. The green coffee cup is also from this set, also stamped with Memento black, then colored with Copics. The to-go cup is from the Reverse Confetti set called Caffeinated Cups. It's stamped with Memento black on the Oyster Gray card stock and the belly band is paper pieced with the background paper.

For the inside, I've used another Reverse Confetti set called Be a Barista for both the image and the sentiment. They are stamped on X-Press It Blending card stock that is again matted with Poppy Parade. The sentiment is stamped using Poppy Parade ink. The cup is colored with Copics and the band is paper pieced with the heart patterned paper used on the front.



I have friends with birthdays next month. This will go to one of them.

Thanks for looking in,
Colleen


Supplies
Stamps: Latte Love set by Lil' Inkers, Be a Barista and Caffeinated Cups sets by Reverse Confetti
Paper: Ellen Hutson Oyster Gray card stock, SU Poppy Parade card stock, X-Press It Blending card stock and Pink Paislee patterned papers
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics, SU Poppy Parade, Hero Cup of Joe ink cube
Other: Taylored Expressions large scalloped border die, Lil' Inkers and Reverse Confetti set dies, Misti, Gemini Jr, dimensionals and Gina K connect liquid glue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!