About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, September 1, 2019

The Sweetest Pick

Hello and Happy September,

Today is our last day in the Central California Wine Country. Boo-hoo. Even though we live in a beautiful beach area, there's something about the Central Coast Wine area that makes it my happy place.

While here, I did some work projects and also made time for stamping, since I did load up the car with supplies. Today's card is made using this week's CAS(E) this Sketch! sketch. One last tribute to summer's fruit bounty.





This is another Concord & 9th set. I think it's from a few releases ago, but I hadn't used it yet. It's pretty cute. The card base is Neenah Desert Storm card stock. I stamped the berries using some Taylored Expressions ink cubes in Fruit Punch and Pink then cut them out using the set dies. For the background plaid and the berry tops, the inks are a combo of SU Call Me Clover and TE Lime Twist inks. The circle dies are Die-namics.

I've used another sentiment from the same set for the inside greeting with one of the small berries. I also added some of the left over background that I stamped.



If you've not been to the California Central Coast wine country, the main town is Paso Robles. Highway 101 runs through the area. People refer to the "west" side and "east" side. The west is everything west of the 101 to the coast, which is about 20 miles away. The landscape is rolling hills and oak trees, and of course, lots of grapes, olive trees, some almonds and cattle ranches. Here's a representative picture of the hills, trees and grapes.



Happy Labor Day tomorrow. I hope it's relaxing and fun.
Thanks for stopping by,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Sweet Strawberry and Gingham Background sets by Concord & 9th
Paper: Neenah Desert Storm and Solar White card stocks
Ink: Taylored Expressions ink cubes in Fruit Punch, Pink and Lime Zest, SU Call Me Clover and Rose Red
Other: Sweet Strawberry set dies, Die-namics Double Stitched Circle dies, Misti, Gemini Jr, Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!