About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, October 24, 2019

O COME LET US ADORE HIM - CAS(E) this Sketch! #345 Guest Designer

Hi peeps,

I'm thrilled today to make this post. I'm guesting on the CAS(E) this Sketch! blog as this week's guest designer. Many, many thanks to the regular DT for the invitation to join them for this week's sketch.


The sketch is from Brian with the sentiment as the focus. When I opened the email with the sketch, I immediately though of the Silent Night holiday set by Concord & 9th with this great sentiment. I decided to make a night sky and use gold embossing powder to make the sentiment stand out. Of course, I had to gold emboss the "guiding light" star as well.






Using blending brushes and Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks in shades of blue and purple I made the sky, blending darker to the outside of the panel. In fact, the very edge of the panel is lightly blended with black soot ink. Once I was satisfied with the panel, I cut it out using the largest Die-namics Wonky Stitched Rectangele die. After the ink was good and dry, the sentiment and large star were heat embossed with gold EP. The rest of the stars are made using white paint diluted with a few drops of water and flicked on using a small paint brush. After drying for a few hours, I layered the panel with light lavender card stock and then onto a dark purple card base. For embellishment, I added some clear enamel dots and some clear rhinestones.

I've used more images from the stamp set on the inside of the card.



Thanks again to the DT for the invitation to be this week's guest designer. I'm looking forward to seeing all your awesome cards in the gallery.

Enjoy your week and thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Silent Night set by Concord & 9th
Paper: X-Press It Blending card stock, Taylored Expressions textured lavender and purple card stocks
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide, VersaMark, SU Blackberry Bliss, Shaded Spruce, Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry
Other: Misti, gold EP, heat tool, white paint, Taylored Expressions Blending Brushes, Die-namics Wonky Stitched Rectangle die, rhinestones and clear enamel dots, Gemini Jr

2 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS!! I love the blended background with that gold. STUNNING design!!! Congratulations on the GD gig!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, we are so thrilled to welcome you to the team this week! I ADORE your card - and that happens to be one of my favorite carols, too! What a gorgeous star-filled sky, and fabulous card! Thanks so much for playing cards with us! xx
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!