About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, October 24, 2019

Thanksgiving

Hello all,

I'm finally back home from our trip to the Central Coast Wine Country. We were there on vacay with our friends from Massachusetts. They flew home yesterday and I'm still off until Monday, so I have a few days yet before I have to go back to work. We visited several Wineries in the Paso Robles area and then spent two nights in the small coastal town of Cambria. It's a really beautiful area.

This morning while doing the towels and sheets laundry, I had time to stamp. LeAnne is our hostess for this week's Paper Players Challenge. It's time for the monthly clean and simple challenge and the theme is the sentiment. I had a few ideas in my mind. I decided on using this older Hero Arts Color Layering set called Thanksgiving. I've also used the colors from this week's Color Throwdown Challenge. They are gray, orange and cream.





I tried to pay attention to the CAS requirements of limited layers, white space and limited embellishments. My card is totally one layer, no embellishments and not too busy. I generally like the way it turned out. The pumpkins on the front and all of the images on the inside are from another Hero Arts set called Coloring Layering Fall.



I'm enjoying my long weekend at home. We're having a heat wave here in SoCal this week, so staying in and crafting is ideal. 

Here are a few pictures from our week. First is a picture from the Paso Robles area wine country, then a few from the coast. Up Hwy 1 from Cambria is San Simeon. You may have heard of it because it's where the famous Hearst Castle is located. One of the beaches is a protected area for seals, mostly Elephant Seals. We stopped to see them.








Enjoy your Friday,  and thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Hero Arts Color Layering sets Thanksgiving and Fall
Paper: SU Very Vanilla Thick card stock
Ink: Hero Arts Charcol, Taylored Expressions Candy Corn and Gina K Tangerine
Other: Misti Stamping tool

 

3 comments:

  1. I just love your pumpkins, and your sentiment is pretty amazing too! But even more amazing is the scenery from your trip! How beautiful!! Thanks for playing with my challenge this week, always nice to see you in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vacation looks heavenly and sounds like it would be lots of fun as well! Your CAS card is such a lovely design and you rocked both the throwdown colors and the Paper Players challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is really lovely! And your photos are wonderful!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!