About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, January 12, 2020

Hello Beautiful

Happy Sunday afternoon,

Well, late afternoon here on the west coast anyway. I hope you all had a nice weekend. I spent all day yesterday cleaning out an armoire in my bedroom that is used to hold "STUFF." I went to put more STUFF in it and decided some purging was in order. That is how I spent my Saturday. I'm happy to say, I have lots of free space in it now, and what's even nicer, I freed up two drawers that I can now store fabric in. I'm very happy about that part!

Anne Marie has a very vibrant color challenge this week at the Paper Players.  I recently received the latest Build-A-Flower set from Altenew, which has gorgeous images, and used it to make my card. A floral theme seemed best for these colors. I also used this week's Freshly Made Sketch for the layout.






Using the Misti I was able to get several shades of each of Anne Marie's colors by stamping multiple layers, and using the "stamping off" technique to achieve a lighter shades of color. To make the background, I used an Altenew stencil, a blending brush and Rich Razzelberry ink. The first step was to mask off the outer areas of the card. I blended more ink to make the darker shade over the larger dots and got lighter moving out to the smaller dots.

The second step was stamping the flowers and leaves using the set layering stamps, and then cut them out using the set dies. The neutral color is black, which I used to stamp the sentiment. It is cut out using a Simon Says Stamps label die. The flowers are added to the card by gluing the bottom of the image to the card base with liquid glue and using a dimensional under the top portion. I like using this kind of dimension on flower images.

Here is the inside of the card. This sentiment, as well as the front sentiment are included in the stamp set. The flowers are stamped again using a Misti. The darker flower with several layers of ink and the lighter one using the "stamp off" technique. Both stamped with Rich Razzelberry and Old Olive inks.



It's back to work tomorrow. Weekends just fly! I hope you have a great week and thanks for looking in.
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Build A Flower Triumph Tulip set by Altenew
Paper: Simon Says Stamp Heavy Weight white card stock
Ink: SU Poppy Parade, Rich Razzelberry, Old Olive and Memento Tuxedo Black
Other: Misti, Altenew Triumph Tulip dies, Gemini Jr, dimensionals, Altenew stencil, TE Blending brush, Post-It Tape for masking, SSS Label die


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love the inside as well! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, I need to clean out some "stuff" too! This is GORGEOUS...that stencilled background is just so pretty! Thanks for playing with our colors this week, you know I always love seeing your creations in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your florals are really stunning!! Love the way you popped the flower up - it looks very realistic! Congrats on your weekend of purging "stuff". Boy do we need to do that here!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful creation with us this week in The Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful flower that you built! I love the fun background you put it on. And the inside is so sweet! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous, colorful bloom! And what a great take on our sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colleen your beautiful florals are stunning! I love the way you achieved the depth of colour with your positioning tool and the subtle stencilling is a great background. Bravo on the armoire sorting too - a good clear out is so theraputic! Thanks for playing along with us over at The Paper Players as always this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love tha bold blossom, Colleen! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!