About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, January 25, 2020

Hope Your Day Is Wonderful

Hello and Happy Saturday to all,

I had some time in my craft room early this afternoon after finishing my Saturday chores. Mostly laundry and some grocery shopping after being out of town for work last week. I decided to use this week's Freshly Made Sketch to make a birthday card for my stash.

I like to work with these tilted panels and I decided that this time I would use the top panel for my stamped image. This Gina K flower fit perfectly with room at the bottom for the sentiment banner too.




I started with a white card base that is covered completely with a piece of Lawn Fawn patterned paper. Next I cut the white tilted piece and stamped the flower image using a Gina K Slate ink cube and colored the flowers with Copics. After gluing on the scalloped edges, I used foam tape to pop the tilted panel over the card. The sentiment is from the same stamp set and it's heat embossed using white EP. I used paper flowers for the round sketch element at the end of the banner. I haven't used them in years, and these seemed to go well with the stamp and background patterned paper. A few silver pearls for embellishments finishes the front.

For the inside, I kept things simple. I taped off all but one flower in the same image and used it to complement the Happy Birthday sentiment.



Yay, another birthday card for my stash. Always good to have a few extra.

Thanks for stopping in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Bitty Blossoms set by Gina K and Fine Line Florals set by Concord & 9th for the inside sentiment
Paper: SU thick Whisper White and Gumball Green card stock, X-Press It Blending card stock, Lawn Fawn Spring Fling patterned papers
Ink: Gina K Slate ink cube, SU Gumball Green, Copics, VersaMark
Other: White embossing powder, hear tool, Misti, Gemini Jr,  paper flowers (not sure from where), Queen & co pearls, TE small scalloped border die, foam tape, liquid glue

3 comments:

  1. What a fresh and springy color combo! I love it! I have been seeing a lot of yellow lately and need to give it a go. And it's always nice to see the inside of the card decorated! Thanks so much for playing along at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely image - I love your hints of color on it. It's beautiful with the paper you've chosen and the scalloped frame. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! This floral image is delightful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!