About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, May 9, 2020

Spring Card Camp 2 - Day 2 Cards

Hello peeps,

Jennifer McGuire was the instructor for Day 2, and she showed how to make stripes using ink blending and masking. These make colorful backgrounds for large stamped images. The technique is pretty simple, just use some "purple" tape to mask off the stripes, and then use your favorite ink blending tool to add color to the unmasked area.

I made two cards both, with horizontal stripes. (Jennifer made a fun card with diagonal stripes.) These were fun and relaxing to do, although a bit messy. The hardest part for me was deciding on the ink colors.




Thanks for stopping in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Just Keep Swimming set by Hero Arts and Mondo Daisy set by Ellen Hutson
Concord & 9th Playful Patterns set, Honey Bee Ocean Boarders set
Paper: SU Basic Black, Coastal Cabana, Orchid Opulence, Neenah Solar White card stocks
Ink: Gina K Amalgam black, various SU inks for the stripes, VersaMark, Terra-cotta Tile (fish layering)
Other: Misti, purple tape, TE blending brushes, white EP, heat tool, Gemini Jr, Mondo Daisy dies (lady bug)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!