About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, May 8, 2020

Card for Day 1 Spring Card Camp 2

Hi and Happy Friday all,

I signed up for for the Spring Card Camp 2, since the Spring Card Camp 1 was so fun. The first session was on Wednesday. Kristina started us off with a reverse masking technique using monograms. I've done reverse masking before, but not specifically with this idea.

Kristina did some ink blending inside a large monogram and then stamped some images. I did mine a little differently. A friend's baby is due later this month. They have already picked his name, Oliver, and I needed a card to mail his presents. I decided to use this technique for his card. Instead of doing the ink blending inside the letter, I stamped images of baby animals from several Lawn Fawn sets and colored them with Copics. After the stamping and coloring was completed, I took the outside mask off and put the letter mask over what I had colored and ink blended the background, then stamped over the blended area with a graphic stamp from LF. The card came out a little busy, but I think it's still okay.



The sentiment is from Concord and 9th. I also used some C&9th letter dies on the inside of the card to personalize the card even more.



This was a fun and different twist on reverse masking. Thanks Kristina for the inspiration.

Have a nice Friday afternoon all,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Lawn Fawn sets Year Four, Sharp Backdrops, Elphie Selphie, Wild For You, Critters In the Jungle, Concord & 9th set I Like You, SU set Something to Celebrate
Paper: Neenah Solar White, SU Basic Black, TE textured red card stocks
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics, Gina K Red Hot, VersaMark
Other: Misti, Gemini Jr, Die-Namics Oval dies, Concord & 9th Tall Type Alpha set, white EP, heat tool, foam tape, Gina K Masking Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!