About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, April 12, 2021

Double Stenciling Technique

 Hello and Happy Monday,

I hope you all had a relaxing weekend. Mine was nice and uneventful, just how I like them. We did some shopping, although I didn't buy anything, and attended the first Little League Baseball game of the season, and of course, I did some stamping.

Last Monday, Gina's Stamp and Chat Live was on a technique called Double Stenciling. It looked super fun and the cards she made were beautiful, so I thought I'd give it a try. I made four cards using mostly Gina K Designs supplies. I threw in a few items from other companies too. 

The April Monthly Mix Challenge on the Gina K blog is to use a die cut sentiment, and a couple of these cards fit right in.

Here are the four cards together.


Here they are individually.









The technique is to use one stencil with card stock and another stencil with velum. On the card base, die cut a shape and glue the stenciled vellum so the reverse side is up. Then pop this piece up over the stenciled card stock. This gives the double images through the die cut shape. I've attached Gina's video above if you'd like to see how it's done. 

Thanks for looking in,

Colleen

Supplies

Gina K Designs supplies: Passionate Pink, Tranquil Teal, Sea Mist, Wild Dandelion, Black, Layering White card stock, Passionate Pink, Grass Green, Tranquil Teal, Red Velvet, Wild Dandelion, Tomato Soup, Peach Bellini, Sea Mist, Wild Lilac, Prickly Pear, Black Onyx inks, A Little Love, Heartfelt, Harvest Flourish, Fizzy, Water Droplets, Sun Spots, Sunshine, and Mandala stencils, Master Layouts 1, 3 and 4,  stamps and dies from Wishes, Lace Flowers and Forever Flowers, A Little Love and large Oval dies, blending brushes, Connect glue, Fine Detail White embossing powder. Other supplies: Inner Mermaid stamps set and dies by Julie Ebersole for Ellen Hutson, Scalloped Square Border die by MFT, Misti, Gemini Jr, SU Vellum, SU mini-Dimensionals, pink pearls, Doodlebug enamel shapes, Wagoner heat tool, Copic markers, Nuvo Clear Glitter brush

4 comments:

  1. Love these! Could you tell me where you found the always be yourself unless you can be a mermaid sentiment? I need this so badly for my niece! She will love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a stamp set called inner mermaid (EESTJ-090-18. Buy from Ellen Hutson.

      Delete
  2. These cards are all amazing! Thanks for playing along in the GKD MMC.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!