About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Cocktails Kind of Day

 Happy Hump Day Peeps,

Today my blog post comes from the opposite corner of the country from where it usually does. We flew from San Diego to Boston last night for a five week stay with our friends who live outside the city. 

While our friends and Denis will be hard at work everyday (Denis can work remote as long as there is a good WIFI connection, which is why we can be here for five weeks), this newly retired girl will be hanging at the pool, reading, and a doing few crafty activities to keep me occupied. Unfortunately, no stamping as I didn't feel like figuring out supplies to ship, but I did bring some stamped images and my colored pencils. I also may get some yarn and start a baby blanket for my niece. Her first child will arrive in late November.

Today's post is my card for this weeks Paper Players Challenge. Joanne is our hostess with a fun summer theme of fruit. I have many stamps with many different actual fruits on them, but I took a more "creative" approach to Joann's theme and made this card with those previously mentioned working folks in mind. The fruit is in the form of a fruity cocktail, perfect for happy hour once work is completed for the day. After all, it is summer and and we can celebrate that friends who live thousands of miles apart are together again after The Pandemic.





I started with a panel of SU Whisper White and ink blended a rainbow of colors around the edges. I cut the center element using the SU dies from Hippo and friends. The stamped greeting and lime daiquiri images are from the newer SU set called Love You More Than and the small half lime slices are from an older SU set called Happy Hour. While there is some layering on the card, I think it's "uncluttered" enough to be considered CAS for the challenge. 

I just received this Love You More Than stamp set and I think it may turn out to be one of my favorite SU sets. It's a photopolymer set, and has both outline and solid images to use to "color" the outlined images. Plus, the sentiments are awesome, and important to me, it has the corresponding die set. 

Speaking of awesome sentiments, I used one for the inside greeting.



As I mentioned earlier in the post, I didn't bring any stamps etc., so this will be my last blog post until August! But, I will be checking in around blog-land often to see what's happening.

While here, we are planning to spend July 4th weekend in Boston to watch fireworks and do some shopping and eating. The workers will be taking some PTO to make long weekends and we will travel around other areas of New England, Newport, RI and Mystic, CT are two we are thinking of.  We've visited each before, but it's been several years ago. The last week we are here, everyone will take the a week of vacation time and we will be heading to Portland, ME and Woodstock, VT. In VT, we are taking a baking class at King Arthur Flour Company. The four of us did a class at KAF four years ago and it was a blast! KAF opened classes again recently and we were fortunate enough to grab a spot.

Have a great July, and thanks for checking in! Happy Stamping,

Colleen

Supplies

Stampin' Up stamp sets: Love You More Than and Happy Hour, Dies: SU Love You More than and Hippo and Friends. Paper: SU Whisper White Ink: Gina K Designs Red Hot, Coral Reef, Wild Dandelion, Lucky Clover, Key Lime, Blue Raspberry, Wild Lilac, Turquoise Sea, Black Onyx, Big Shot, GKD Blending Brushes, SU Dimensionals


2 comments:

  1. Those zingy limes are the perfect addition to your inviting cocktail Colleen and the rainbow background is fabulous! Enjoy your extended vacation - what a great way to begin retirement! Thanks for playing along with my CAS Fruit & Berries challenge over at The Paper Players this week - look forward to seeing you in the gallery again when you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, this is my favorite kind of fruit. Your limes are perfect and the vibrant background made me smile! Just perfect! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!