About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, July 15, 2013

Celebrate

Hello and happy Monday,

Here's my card for the The Paper Player's Challenge #154. This week's challenge is a color challenge of Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay and Baked Brown Sugar. I used one of my new, super cute, Reverse Confetti stamp sets along with Jen's SFYTT #2 sketch. This is a birthday card for one of my "BESTEST" friends.






I found some Echo Park patterned papers in my stash that matched the colors pretty well. Keeping with the dots theme in the paper and the cone stamps, I added the Seeing Spots EF for the background on the Baked Brown Sugar card stock. The cones and ice cream scoops were stamped and fussy cut and placed on the circle element of the sketch. After everything was glued together, yellow and Lagoon Stickles were added on top of the respective colored ice cream scoops and Expresso dimensional pearls added on top of the brown sugar scoop.

After stamping the sentiments on the horizontal element in Baked Brown Sugar ink, I colored in the letters of "celebrate" with the Baked Brown Sugar marker to make them stand out more.

Supplies
Stamps: Celebrate Cake set by Reverse Confetti
Paper: SU Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay, Baked Brown Sugar and Whisper White card stock, Echo Park "Summer Days" patterned papers
Ink: SU Baked Brown Sugar, Crushed Curry and Bermuda Bay ink pads and Baked Brown Sugar Stampin' Write marker
Other: Classic circle and scalloped circle Nesties, Yellow and Lagoon Stickles, Expresso Dimensional Pearls, Seeing Spots EF, the Big Shot, and dimensionals

Thanks for looking in today,
Colleen

3 comments:

  1. How fun & cute is this! Nice summery card and I love the ice cream! And thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, my ice cream!!! those cones are so yummy in those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who is ready for some ice cream? ME! Such a cool and crafty creation! Love it! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!