About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, August 18, 2014

Puff the Magic Dragon

Well Hello all,

My oh my it's been awhile since I've been on my blog! For that matter, it's been awhile since I've done any stamping.

We were gone for a little over two weeks on vacation, and had a glorious time. We rented a vacation house on Cape Cod with friends. Nothing but relaxing. Reading, hiking, beaching, dining out, dining in, happy hours each evening on the porch. You get the idea. And boy, it's been hard to get back into the work groove again. Can I say I'm counting the years until retirement. In the scheme of things, it's not too many years away.

On to my card. Yesterday I got out my stamps, paper and ink and made a card for LeAnn's CAS challenge for The Paper Player's . LeAnn's challenge is to make a CAS children's birthday card. (happy 4th birthday to Cassidy) Before we left on vacation, I received some new stamps from Sugar Pea Designs and I had ordered this super cute dragon set. I knew it would be perfect for this challenge.




I stamped this little dragon onto white card stock with Memento tuxedo black ink and colored him with Copics. I moistened a textured paper towel with Colorless Blender and blotted the dragon's body to make the skin bumpy like "scales". I masked him and stamped the dashed border three times, once each in red, yellow and orange. I trimmed the image, rounded the corners and added the baker's twine, then used some dimensionals to adhere to the card base, also in white. The sentiment comes with the set. Lastly, I added some yellow Stickles to the flame on the cake and some glossy accents over his eyes, toes and cake icing.

Supplies
Stamps: Blow Me Away set by SugarPea Designs and Hearts and Stitches set by MFT
Paper: XPress-It blending card stock- white
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, SU real red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight and Copics
Other: Fiskers large corner rounder punch, baker's twine, yellow Stickles, Glossy Accents, dimensionals

Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

4 comments:

  1. Colleen, this is adorable! I love how you masked the image and put the wavy lines behind your little dragon! Your attention to details (like the scales!) is amazing, but his little toes and cake...SO CUTE! Thanks so much for playing with my Paper Players challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! The little dragon is super cute. Clever trick with the paper towel and colorless blender. I'll have to give that a try. So glad you shared your creation at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute dragon! I love how you made the skin bumpy...great idea! Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card! Love the dragon, how you colored him, and how you did the bumpy skin. Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players, Colleen!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!