About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Life Is A Journey

Hello and good morning stampers,

It's Sunday and time for a new Paper Players challenge. Nance is our hostess and she has a theme for us this week. We want to see bicycles "riding" across your project.



My niece is graduating from college next week. Since I needed to make her a graduation card, I thought I'd use Nance's theme and see what I could do. While it's not your typical graduation card, I rather like the way it worked out. I've combined a couple of Taylored Expressions stamp sets.



The bicycle is stamped in Memento tuxedo black and colored with Copics. After cutting it out with a Die-namics square die, the sentiment and graduation balloon were added. I stamped the balloon again on a scrap of white card stock, colored and cut it out, and popped it up over the bike with a dimensional.

The inside sentiment is a Dr. Seuss quote from The Places You'll Go stamp set:

"You have brains in your head
You have feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose."

I know you'll enjoy the rest of the DT's cards. Check them out here:

The Paper Players Design Team

As you read this, I'm actually in NYC for a week. On my way back to California next Friday, I'll be stopping in Colorado for the weekend so I can attend my niece's graduation ceremony.

Thanks for looking in today. Have a fun and relaxing Sunday!

Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Bikes and Trikes set and  The Places You'll Go set by Taylored Expressions
Paper: SU Mambo Melon and X-Press It Blending card stock, Doodlebug Sunkissed patterned paper
Ink: Memento tuxedo black and Copics
Other: Die-namics Stitched and Double Stitched square and Double Stitched circle dies, enamel dots, the Big Shot, dimensionals

7 comments:

  1. Colleen your card is truly inspired! I love that little balloon with its graduation hat and your bicycle fits perfectly with the theme of life's journey. The inside sentiment is just perfect too - you can always count on Dr Seuss! Safe travels this week and next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card with all of the bright dots and that graduation balloon! Cute as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a great graduation card! So cute, especially with the grad cap on the balloon! Your niece will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great sentiment for a grad card..so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colleen, this is perfect for a grad! I love the polka dots and your graduation balloon! SO clever! XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Claire, this is a perfect card for your graduating niece. Her journey has just begun and what better way to celebrate it than with a fun bike card?! Especially one carrying a graduate balloon--so sweet! She will treasure it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!