About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, August 29, 2016

Wishing You

Hi and Happy Monday,

While I'm waiting for a program to finish updating on my work computer, I'm multitasking and writing up this post for the Tag You're It! challenge #54. I don't think that I've played along with this one in quite awhile.

I recently purchased a couple of the Distress Crayon sets but really had no idea how to use them. Saturday, I went to the Tim Holtz blog and viewed  a few of his YouTube videos on the product and then tried my hand at a few of the techniques using a tag. I decided that my attempt wasn't too, too bad and used my tag on a card, which I'm posting to the challenge.





I colored the Peonies by applying the crayon directly to the image stamped on watercolor paper with SU Archival black ink then distributing the color with a water brush. I dried between applications in order to layer more color on. For the blue background, I applied color around the outside of the tag and used the water brush to color the rest of the tag around the flowers. Finally, using a diamond patterned stencil I used my finger to rub a third color over a portion of the tag. The sentiment is from MFT Label Maker Sentiments. I added a few glass beads for embellishments.

The Distress crayons are fun to use, but I do need way more practice.

Have a good week all. Thanks for stopping by,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Peony Bouquet by Altenew and Label Maker Sentiments by MFT
Paper: SU Strawberry Slush card stock, SU water color paper, very old patterned paper from my stash box
Ink: SU archival, Memento tuxedo black, Distress Crayons
Other: Taylored Expressions tag die, MFT Laber Maker dies, Fiskers corner rounder punch, clear glass beads, MFT stencil, SU white ribbon, dimensionals, water brush

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, Colleen. You did extremely well for your first try with the crayons. Thanks for joining the challenge at Tag You're It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blooms, thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen, this is GORGEOUS! Fabulous job with your new crayons! I love it! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I love the pink and blue together. Thanks for playing along at Tag You're It challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!