About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, December 1, 2017

Christmas Is 'Claus' For Celebration

We've made it to Friday, woot-woot!

Hi all,
I hope your week was good. It seemed to go really fast for me. In fact, last night I realized that it was Thursday evening and I had not made my card for this week's Paper Players challenge, so I sat down at my craft table after dinner to get one done. I like to take my pictures outside, so I had to wait until this morning to do that, so I'm just squeaking in under the wire to get it posted.

This week Joanne is the hostess with a fun sketch that makes me happy because I can add layers using her sketch design. I had not used my new goodies from the Simon Says Stamp December Card Kit yet, so I pulled it out and went to work.




Mr. and Mrs. Claus and their fur elves were stamped using Memento tuxedo black on X-Press It Blending card stock using some masking, then colored with Copics. I cut them out with the largest Die-namics Stitched Oval die. The patterned papers are all from the kit, as are the flat sequins and the little candy cane sticker. I used some white Nuvo drops on the hats and Santa's suits and a yellow Spica pen on the tree's star.

The inside uses another of the set greetings and images.



We are dog sitting for our neighbors today because they are having some new windows put in. Sadie has been her before, as you may remember and she's very comfortable, but her sister, who is older can't seem to settle down. She keeps pacing around the house, even though we brought her bed over. I guess she'll settle eventually. I do need to finish some reports for work after I get this posted.

Have a nice Friday, and thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Christmas Squad set by Simon Says Stamp
Paper: SU Whisper White, Real Red and X-Press It Blending card stock, Doodlebug Milk and Cookies patterned papers
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, SU Real Red, Copics
Other: Die-namics Stitched Oval die, SU medium oval punch, blue and green Baker's twine, flat sequins, white Nuvo drops, Spica glitter pen, white gel pen, foam tape



2 comments:

  1. Your images are adorable, and colored so perfectly! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, what a fabulous collection of critters and I love the sentiment. i also love that you put the little baubles on the tree. Great take on the challenge and so glad you shared it with us at the Paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!