About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Oh Happy Day!

Hello crafters,

My second day of vacation and I've been running around like crazy. Too many errands! We pick up our visitors from the airport at 8:00 pm and many of those errands were to get ready for them. We are super excited for them to arrive.

Yesterday I took all of my stamping supplies out my room and they are in a pile in the garage, so this post will be my last for a few weeks to a month until I get everything put back together again. After our friends leave, the room will be painted then I'm putting in some IKEA furniture for storage and a new desk.  I've also ordered some ink and drawer storage from Organize More. Those should be arriving any day now. I can't wait to get everything done, and I plan on taking this opportunity to do some purging of things that I don't use.

Today's card uses this week's Sunday Stamps sketch challenge. It's a fun sketch and I enjoyed working with it. I've used some new Mama Elephant stamps. These flying elephants are too cute!





I found this patterned paper with the constellations and thought it would be fun to pair with the elephant flying high with his balloon. The images are stamped with Memento tuxedo black, colored with Copics and cut out with the set dies. I've used a TE cloud border die for the horizontal element. I cut it twice, once in white and once in mint to make a shadow for the white. For embellishments I've added a few enamel stars and brushed a liberal amount of Wink of Stella over the balloon.

Here's the inside:



Don't you love those little caps?!

Thanks for checking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Fly With Me and Scripty Bday sets by Mama Elephant
Paper: SU Mint Macaroon, Dapper Denim, Whisper White, X-Press It Blending card stock
the patterned papers are from my misc stash bag, so I don't know the company.
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics, SU Dapper Denim
Other: Fly With Me dies, Taylored Expressions Border Cloud die, enamel stars, Wink of Stella clear, Gemini Jr, dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. What an adorable sweet card you made!!! Love that little elephant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable! Love that little elephant and great choice of papers!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - this is an adorable card - love this little guy journeying our way! Super sweet, and what a perfect background! Thanks so much for sharing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, Colleen! This card is as cute on the inside as it is on the outside! That little elephant is adorable! Love the mix of patterns and those pretty clouds! Thank you for joining us at Sunday Stamps! XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eek, I love those happy clouds to go along with the fun-loving elephant image. So light and fun. Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!