About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, April 4, 2019

Thanks For Bean Sweet


Hello,

Wow, it's been awhile since I last posted. Actually, it's been awhile since I've done any stamping! I was traveling for work and during the first week, I came down with a nasty "bug" that quickly turned into a roaring sinus infection. Since I was out of town, I didn't make it to a Dr. to get antibiotics until almost 5 days in. Consequently, it took (is taking) forever to go away. I have felt horrible! Of course, I still had to finish the project which meant that I was gone for another 1.5 weeks. Hotel living is not the best for recuperating. I finished the project this past Tuesday and promptly took the rest of this week off. I am feeling much, much better today.

Since I am feeling better, I decided that I'd try making a card, though I'm not feeling particularly creative, I'm pleased with how it turned out. The new CAS(E) this Sketch! has a fun sketch by Brian and I was able to incorporate this week's Paper Player's Challenge where Laurie has a fun Tic-Tac-Toe Easter theme.

Here's my card:





For Laurie's challenge, I used the right to left diagonal, patterned paper, embossing, Easter theme. The stamps are all from Lawn Fawn and the patterned papers are very old Stampin' Up DSP.

The images are all stamped using Memento black ink and are colored with Copics. For the jar lid, I stamped the bunny, made a mask for her, and then stamped the jar lid so she is sitting on the lid. The lid and bunny are fussy cut out and all of the other images are cut with the set dies.

After putting everything together per the sketch, I decided it needed a little something else, so I used a couple of older SU punches and some black enamel dots to jazz things up a bit. The embossing element is the jar label. "Jelly Beans" is stamped using craft white ink and heat embossed using white EP.

Happy Easter is the inside greeting:



It feels great to be back to stamping. Since I'm off again tomorrow, I'll likely do more. Until then, have a great evening, and thanks for stopping in.

Hugs,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Happy Easter and How You Bean? sets by Lawn Fawn
Paper: SU thick Whisper White and regular Whisper White, Pretty In Pink card stock, SU Sweet Always DSP
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics, SU Pretty In Pink, Hero Arts Craft White
Other: Lawn Fawn How You Bean? Lawn Cuts, SU punches (retired), SU white EP, heat tool, Misti stamping tool, Gemini Jr, black and yellow enamel dots, aqua Baker's twine, SU mini glue dots, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've been feeling poorly Colleen - it definitely sucks when you're away from home too. Glad your project is done and you are now having a few days proper R&R. As for your card - the pretty pink and pastels are the perfect compliment to your Easter bunny with her jelly bean jar and I always love a punny sentiment - adorable! Thanks for playing along with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO cute Colleen! Adorable bunny. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players..and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!